Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-01-2016, 06:44 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - September

September 1

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Psalm 78:1 (NIV) O my people, hear My teaching; listen to the words of My mouth.

Thought: Something special happens when we're still.

I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. —Psalm 9:1

Psalm 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.

"The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light." Romans 13:12

Nehemiah 1:11 Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.” I was cupbearer to the king.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 2

Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world. - Psalm 46:10

Psalm 119:64 The earth is filled with your love, Lord; teach me your decrees.

Matthew 7:24-25 NIV "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."

"Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation." Psalms 111:1
Old 09-03-2016, 09:07 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 3

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

Isaiah 48:17
This is what the Lord says—
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go.

Isaiah 41:10 NIV Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 4

For the Scriptures say, "'As surely as I live,' says the LORD, 'every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will declare allegiance to God.'" - Romans 14:11

2 Timothy 1:13-14 - 13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

Luke 6:27-28 NIV "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."
Old 09-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 5

Numbers 6:24-26 “‘“The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; 26 the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’

"Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise." —Nehemiah 9:5b

Matthew 6:26-27 - 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Old 09-06-2016, 06:05 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 6

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. - Psalm 16:11

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 2:11 (NLT): But the angels, even though they are far greater in power and strength than these false teachers, never speak out disrespectfully against the glorious ones.

Today’s Thought: We need to be mighty careful of what comes out of our mouths. Even if someone is wrong, show respect. Remember, life & death is in your tongue. What will you choose today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me speak life into everyone I encounter today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. —Nehemiah 9:6

John 14:23 - 23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 7

Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!" —Mark 9:7

Isaiah 58:9-12

Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.
The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Matthew 6:25

Psalm 28:7 (NIV) - The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 8

Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. —2 Corinthians 9:8

Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.

Isaiah 45:5-6 NIV "I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other."

2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV) - Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

"The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." Numbers 6:26
Old 09-09-2016, 07:42 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 9

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. - Romans 12:9-10

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

James 1:12 (NIV) - Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16
Old 09-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 10

Isaiah 58:10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 2:16-19 (NLT): But Balaam was stopped from his mad course when his donkey rebuked him with a human voice. These people are as useless as dried-up springs or as mist blown away by the wind. They are doomed to blackest darkness. They brag about themselves with empty, foolish boasting. With an appeal to twisted sexual desires, they lure back into sin those who have barely escaped from a lifestyle of deception. 19 They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves of sin and corruption. For you are a slave to whatever controls you.

Today’s Thought: What controls you? Is it money? Your job? Jesus? We are called to be a slave for Christ. However, oftentimes we get our priorities out of proper alignment. Think about the order of your priorities today. Are they correct?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me to order my priorities properly. Please show me if they are wrong and how to fix them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." — James 4:13-15

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

John 10:10 NIV "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
Old 09-11-2016, 08:37 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11

As the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD." When people commend themselves, it doesn't count for much. The important thing is for the Lord to commend them. - 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Philippians 4:6-7 NIV Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8

"For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." Psalms 18:28
Old 09-12-2016, 07:42 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 12

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Psalm 138:3 (NASB) On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul.

Thought: God will firm up your faith. Just ask Him.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. - Proverbs 4:23

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Romans 12:11 NIV Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 1 John 3:11
Post New ThreadReply