Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Is it one of those days?

Is it one of those days?
By: Ron Edmondson Friday
consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18 NIV

Have you ever had "one of those days"? One of those days where nothing seems to go right? One of those days where everyone around you is in a bad mood? One of those days where YOU are in a bad mood? One of those days where you "can't win for losing"? If you are like me, those days will come, and when they do, they seem to rob you of the joy you have in Christ.

Jesus said there would be days like this. That is why He said "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

He didn't say life was going to be easy, or that we would have carefree days upon this earth. He said that we would have trouble. You know something, He was right!

What Jesus went on to say was that He had overcome the world. What this means for you and me is that the victory is already won! The outcome has already been decided! The blessing is already lined up for the children of God! You and I, if we have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, will one day share in the inheritance of Heaven. We will bask in the glory of God for eternity! We will reside where there is no more sorrow, no more heartache, and no more pain!

Yes, in this world there will be trouble, but this trouble will pale in light of the wonderous blessings God will bestow on His children when we indeed see Him face to face. This truth, and the hope of reaching Him, should give us strength to carry on with daily living. "Because He Lives I can face tomorrow, Because He Lives all fear is gone!"

The Promise of Jesus is greater than all our pain!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply