Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #151
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

USE DOWN TIMES TO GOOD ADVANTAGE

"The affairs of the world will go on forever. Do not delay the practice of meditation."
-- Milarepa

In our busy schedules, we can often complain that we don't have time to meditate. But if we are sincere in our desire to go inside, we can create our own moments of stillness in the midst of our activity.

Stopped at a traffic light? Do some deep breathing. Waiting in line at the bank or grocery store? Repeat an uplifting word such as 'love' or 'peace.' Riding the bus to and from work? Value these times as an opportunity to close your eyes and go within or to say a little prayer.

"Wherever you go in the midst of movement and activity, carry your stillness within you. Then the chaotic movement around you will never overshadow your access to the reservoir of creativity, the field of pure potentiality."
-- Deepak Chopra

*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate. Learn to meditate with new exercises weekly.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2017, 12:21 PM   #152
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

FREE TO CHOOSE

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility."
-- Sigmund Freud

In his book Nobody’s Victim, Christopher J. McCullough explains, "In order to live your freedom, you must first accept reality. 'These are the choices, and given those choices, which do I choose?' Whether the option you select is pleasant or painful does not alter the fact that, given reality, this is your preference.

"To live your freedom, it is helpful to stop and ask yourself, 'Why am I doing this?' and then notice whether, given the options, you are choosing what you really want, or whether you want to choose something else.... Sometimes the exercise of freedom involves naming your poison -- all choices may lead to outcomes that are in some way painful. But the real pain is that of feeling powerless -- denying your freedom."

"Freedom is man's capacity to take a hand in his own development. It is our capacity to mold ourselves."
-- Dr. Rollo May

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:01 AM   #153
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

CALM THE MIND

"All man's miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone."
-- Blaise Pascal

Meditation calms our minds and makes it easier for us to pay attention to the reality around and within us. Meditation breaks through the masks that have built up as our identity. It helps us see through our defences and connect with unacknowledged and unloved aspects of ourselves. It opens us to higher mind and the voice of intuition.

We can consciously choose meditation as a way to become more aware of who we truly are. If we don’t take the initiative to open to our authentic selves, we can be certain that deep challenge and pain from life experience will push us to awaken.

"Meditation helps me feel the shape, the texture of my inner life. Here, in the quiet, I can begin to taste what Buddhists would call my true nature, what Jews call the still, small voice, what Christians call the holy spirit."
-- Wayne Muller

"In a world filled with noise, we need to quiet ourselves to hear God's voice."
-- Paul Borthwick

*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:03 AM   #154
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

TAKE THE FIRST STEP

"When we take one step toward God, he takes seven steps toward us."
-- Hadith Qudsi

If our ego is to know spirit, we must make the first move. Spirit does not come down and knock on our door. It sits waiting for us to acknowledge it. We must want to change and take the initiative and persevere. The love of spirit will embrace us. But we must take the first steps.

In what areas of your life are you ready for change? What step can you take to open the door to new possibilities? It starts with you.

"Faith is not complacent; faith is action. You don’t have faith and wait. When you have faith, you move."
-- Betty Eadie

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God. It is for God to think about me."
-- Simone Weil

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life. Discover a whole new way of working with life's challenges.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:04 AM   #155
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

REALLY BE THERE FOR ANOTHER

"Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. You can see that when you think how the friends that really listen to us are the ones we move toward, and we want to sit in their radius as though it did us good, like ultraviolet rays."
-- Brenda Ueland

How well do we communicate with others? Often, when we are interacting with others, our attention in both speaking and listening is focused on meeting our own needs.

Our communication skills improve when we can open to be aware of the needs of the other person. When we listen, we can release the filters that serve our own needs for security and receive the message with our compassionate heart. And when we speak, we can choose words that the listener is able to receive. True communication happens when we harmonize with the other individual.

"So when you are listening to somebody, completely, attentively, then you are listening not only to the words, but also to the feeling of what is being conveyed, to the whole of it, not part of it."
-- Jiddu Krishnamurti

"The first duty of love is to listen."
-- Paul Tillich

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:59 AM   #156
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

WHAT IS LOVE?

"When mystics use the word love, they use it very carefully -- in the deeply spiritual sense, where to love is to know; to love is to act. If you really love, from the depths of your Consciousness, that love gives you a native wisdom. You perceive the needs of others intuitively and clearly, with detachment from any personal desires; and you know how to act creatively to meet those needs, dexterously surmounting any obstacle that comes in the way. Such is the immense, driving power of love."
-- Eknath Easwaran

"Therefore, when I say that 'I love,' it is not I who love, but in reality Love who acts through me. Love is not so much something I do as something that I am. Love is not a doing but a state of being - a relatedness, a connectedness to another mortal, an identification with her or him that simply flows within me and through me, independent of my intentions or my efforts."
-- Robert A. Johnson

"When you are aware that you are the force that is Life, anything is possible. Miracles happen all the time, because those miracles are performed by the heart. The heart is in direct communion with the human soul, and when the heart speaks, even with the resistance of the head, something inside you changes; your heart opens another heart, and true love is possible."
-- Don Miguel Ruiz

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #157
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

BE AWARE OF YOUR THINKING

"There is a thought in your mind right now. The longer you hold on to it, the more you dwell upon it, the more life you give to that thought. Give it enough life, and it will become real. So make sure the thought is indeed a great one."
-- Ralph Marston

Most of our self-talk comes unconsciously from our subconscious. Yet every thought that exists in our subconscious got there through a conscious decision to accept that thought.

We need to become conscious of our self-talk so we can at will choose to replace negative beliefs with positive ones. We have the power to choose an identity we love, but we need to do the work. The process of changing our subconscious beliefs requires awareness, diligence, consistency and repetition.

"Man is made or unmade by himself. In the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself. He also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace."
-- James Allen

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #158
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

QUESTION YOUR INTENTION

"Men are more accountable for their motives, than for anything else ...."
-- Archibald Alexander

Why are you doing what you are doing?

Throughout the day, continually ask yourself about your underlying motivation. Are you doing what you are doing for selfish, manipulative or fearful reasons, or in honest service? Maybe you will see that much of your activity lacks purpose. This is a great way to become more conscious.

Your intention and motives are fundamental to the results you receive. Set high intentions and your life will blossom.

"A good intention clothes itself with power."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #159
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

LIFE AS A MIRROR

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
-- C.G. Jung

We get clues about our unconscious programming if we watch our reactions, responses, feelings and thoughts about other people and events. Ask yourself: How do I judge or stereotype people? What pushes my buttons? What makes me angry or fearful or sad?

The outer incidents that trigger these reactions in me simply MIRROR my own nature. If I didn't have beliefs around the issues that upset me, where would my reactions come from? If I didn't have some internal reference, I wouldn't react at all.

When outer events spark a reaction, we need to look inside to explore what’s going on.

"We discover in ourselves what others hide from us and we recognize in others what we hide from ourselves."
-- Vauvenargues

Watch yourself shift from the self-centered, controlling behaviours of the ego to the power, love and wisdom of the soul.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #160
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

INTUIT AND DO IT

"Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference."
-- Nolan Bushnell

Creativity and intuition are meaningless unless you put the ideas that arise into action. We must make some effort to do things differently or to do different things, or our lives remain the same.

"People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives."
-- J. Michael Straczynski

Explore what blocks and how to enhance intuition. Your answers and guidance lie within.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:52 AM   #161
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

FOLLOW THROUGH AND COMPLETE

"Activity is not achievement. It is not enough to rush about beginning a lot of things and keeping busy. A well-spent life is one that rounds out what it has begun."
-- Eknath Easwaran

Intention and the words we speak are powerful. When we say we are going to do something, we set energy in motion. When we fail to act or complete our intention, we drain our energy. We lose our power.

We would be wise to choose our words carefully -- to really mean what we say and to honour the commitments we have made.

"Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them."
-- Joseph Joubert

"Good to begin well, better to end well."
-- English proverb

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:54 AM   #162
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

DARE TO RISK

"To try is to risk failure. But risk must be taken because the greatest hazard of life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, live, and love."
-- Leo Buscaglia

Daring to risk is an essential step to self empowerment. This is the key to breaking out of stuck thinking and behaviour. It is about breaking through the comfort zones and barriers. It is about experiencing new levels of mind and feelings. It is about experiencing more life.

"A life spent in making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
-- George Bernard Shaw

"Only those who risk going too far can know how far they can go."
-- Unknown source

Build a new relationship with the time of your life. Experience time from different perspectives. Discover how to do life rather than allow life to do you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #163
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

TIME TO CHANGE?

"When coasting in our comfort zones, we don't grow. We continue to do more of the same.... Maintaining a comfort zone can, paradoxically, lead to discomfort in the long run. If by being comfortable we avoid important life issues, internal tension accumulates.... Eventually, as both internal and external pressures for change persist, the ‘comfort zone’ ceases to serve us."
-- Eric Allenbaugh

It takes effort to change. What do you most want to change in your life? Make a list of what you can do to start the process. Try journaling, perhaps. Read books. Take a course. Find a mentor. Seek out support.

How will you commit time to make it happen? When are you going to start? Your life is passing quickly!

"Be not afraid of changing slowly; be afraid only of standing still."
-- Chinese Proverb

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:56 AM   #164
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

DREAM

"The most pathetic person in the world is the person who has sight, but no vision."
-- Helen Keller

What's the big picture for your life? Always have a larger, purposeful, even spiritually ideal picture of where you are going. Your mind needs to have a clear and challenging vision to draw you ever upwards.

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and follow where they lead."
-- Louisa May Alcott

"The only limits are, as always, those of vision."
-- James Broughton

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more? Then honour it and open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose. Maybe it is time to do life instead of life doing you!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:57 AM   #165
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

OPEN TO POSSIBILITIES

"Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities -- always see them, for they're always there."
-- Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

"One of the saddest lines in the world is, 'Oh come now - be realistic.' The best parts of this world were not fashioned by those who were realistic. They were fashioned by those who dared to look hard at their wishes and gave them horses to ride."
-- Richard Nelson Bolles

"The world would have you agree with its dismal dream of limitation. But the light would have you soar like the eagle of your sacred visions."
-- Alan Cohen

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-- Walt Disney

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply