Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #31
yukonm
Administrator

June 28

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Our behavior is as absurd and incomprehensible with respect to the first drink as that of an individual with a passion, say, for jay-walking. He gets a thrill out of skipping in front of fast-moving vehicles. - Pg. 37 - More About Alcoholism

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Suicide is such a long term decision. While living has so many more variables.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

My quiet sitting meditation time helps me to develop new quiet times during the rest of the day. Today I can look at any problem I have and release its energy so that I can be free to allow harmony to unfold.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I don't have a drinking problem, except when I can't get a drink. - Tom Waits. 'Bad Liver and a Broken Heart.'

One Day At A Time

yukonm is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #32
yukonm
Administrator

June 29

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

When the broker returned to New York in the fall of 1935, the first A.A. group had actually been formed, though no one realized it at the time.
A second small group promptly took shape at New York, to be followed in 1937 with the start of a third at Cleveland. Besides these, there were scattered alcoholics who had picked up the basic ideas in Akron or New York who were trying to form groups in other cities. By late 1937, the number of members having substantial sobriety time behind them was sufficient to convince the membership that a new light had entered the dark world of the alcoholic.
It was now time, the struggling groups thought, to place their message and unique experience before the world. This determination bore fruit in the spring of 1939 by the publication of this volume. The membership had then reached about 100 men and women. The fledgling society, which had been nameless, now began to be called Alcoholics Anonymous, from the title of its own book. The flying-blind period ended and A.A. entered a new phase of its pioneering time. - Pg. xvii - 4th. Edition - Forward To Second Edition

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Whatever your problem now, think of your ideal. Is it to be clean and whole? If so, ask yourself: What sort of neighbor is a clean and sober person? What sort of family member is a clean and sober person? What sort of 12-step program will a clean and sober person work?

Please guide me to the consciousness of a clean and sober person.

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

'It works,' is the shortest sentence in the AA Big Book and pretty much sums up what the book can do for you. But there's a catch. Keep in mind, the program does not work. The program does not work. Just like alcohol doesn't get you drunk. You have to drink alcohol in order to get drunk. You have to work the program in order for it to work.

It works if I work it.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

There are no chemical solutions to spiritual problems.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I am becoming more and more aware that I can choose how I feel in the moment. Today I choose to let go of thoughts that are negative and destructive. Today I choose to FEEEEEL good.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I can't control and enjoy my drinking. If I control it, I'm not enjoying it and vice versa. - Liz J.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #33
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

The doctor's theory that we have an allergy to alcohol interests us. As laymen, our opinion as to its soundness may, of course, mean little. But as ex-problem drinkers, we can say that his explanation makes good sense. It explains many things for which we cannot otherwise account. - Pg. xxvi - 4th. Edition - The Doctor's Opinion

=====

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

No quote showing, book out of print

=====

Tian Dayton, PhD. - Book Quotes - Emotional Sobriety

Not listed, not willing to sign into the site as my computer is acting up.

Bill Wilson's Letter on Emotion Sobriety

http://home.earthlink.net/~insure/emotional.html

=====

Member Submitted Quotes

It ain't OK til it's OK just the way it is... ( Tony H. )

=====

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

When we early A.A.s got our first glimmer of how spiritually prideful we could be, we coined this expression: 'Dont try to be a saint by Thursday!'
That oldtime admonition may look like another of those handy alibis that can excuse us from trying for our best. Yet a closer view reveals just the contrary. This is our A.A. way of warning against pride-blindness, and the imaginary perfections that we do not posses.

Only Step One, where we made the 100 per cent admission that we were powerless over alcohol, can be practiced with absolute perfection. The remaining eleven Steps state perfect ideals. They are goals toward which we look, and the measuring sticks by which we estimate our progress.

=====

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Sitting at a meeting and sharing how much you love everyone in the room is meaningless if you fail to help cleanup, talk to the newcomer, inquire after the old-timer, and make sure everyone has a ride home.

My well done is better than my well said.

=====

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Relapse is NOT a requirement.

I was told that relapse is part of my disease. It isn't part of my recovery unless I choose to go back out and do more research.

=====

Archive Quote

No God - No Recovery *

Know God - Know Recovery

(Rick A.)

Would like to add my own thought, "Know the God of your understanding and build a relationship with Him/Her/It."

=====

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply