Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #76
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

SPEAK KINDLY TO YOURSELF

"What is this self inside us, this silent observer, Severe and speechless critic, who can terrorize us, And urge us on to futile activity, And in the end, judge us still more severely, For the errors into which his own reproaches drove us?"
-- T. S. Eliot

How do you talk to yourself? Would you talk that way to anyone else?

Our thoughts create our reality. How do you typically think about yourself? Do you berate yourself for being stupid, sloppy, forgetful or insensitive? Do you watch yourself with interest, respect and compassion? Stay alert to your self-talk and let go of judgments that don't serve you.

"Self-acceptance is my refusal to be in an adversarial relationship to myself."
-- Nathaniel Branden

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #77
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

LIMITED PERSPECTIVES

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

We never have enough information to enable us to fully understand the truth of the reality around us. And there is never only one correct perspective about anything.

Knowing this helps me let go of my tendency to label things as good or bad. I suffer least when I can accept reality just as it is. And I benefit most when I open my heart and mind in appreciation.

"If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgment now."
-- Marcus Aurelius

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:07 AM   #78
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

BEWARE OF DUTY

"Should is an ordinary, everyday word -- except when it is used to indicate an order that may not be refused. Then should becomes a finger waving under the nose. ...Should users build prison cells for themselves. They are so focused on what they should do -- that they cannot think about what they can do, what they might do in the future."
-- Dr. Arthur Freeman and Rose Dewolf

Many of us have been taught to do our duty. What does this imply to you? For me, 'doing my duty' means doing something I really don't want to do. My heart's not in it, and so the energy for the act isn't there. I have to force every move. Usually, there's underlying resentment. When this is the scenario, tasks may get done but there's no gift to the world.

We do not truly serve the world if we give to others but neglect our own truth and our own needs. It's only when our own needs are fully met that we can generously and whole-heartedly give of ourselves. It's not selfish to look after ourselves -- it's essential!

"To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart."
-- Pearl S. Buck

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more? Then honour it and open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose. Maybe it is time to do life instead of life doing you!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:08 AM   #79
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

TO SUPPORT OR NOT

"It is not helpful to help a friend by putting coins in his pockets when he has got holes in his pockets."
-- Douglas Hurd

Are you struggling financially because you are helping another adult who is being irresponsible around money?

Without intending to do so, we can keep people dependent when we are willing to financially rescue them. Enablers typically feel it's their duty to help out. They may see giving money as an expression of love. Unfortunately, they may lose their own financial security as a result.

As hard as it may be to do, the solution may lie in forcing the dependent to find his or her own way financially. In this case, it's not selfish to not lend a hand -- it actually serves the highest interests of all. Learning personal responsibility can be a tough road but it's a necessary one for empowerment.

"Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon them and to let them know that you trust them."
-- Booker T. Washington

*** Tackle your financial challenges holistically!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #80
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

ARE YOU IN INTEGRITY?

"In order to live a rich life, everything about who you are must be one, in alignment, and in pure harmony."
-- Suze Orman

For clear and honest expression, our thoughts, speech and actions must all be congruent. We will not stand in our power if we are inadvertently sending mixed messages-if we say one thing and do another.

I found it helpful to consciously identify the values that matter most to me. With these values in mind, it's easier to ensure I'm living them.

"Honor your integrity and you will be repaid many times over with increased prosperity."
-- Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #81
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

ARE YOU IN INTEGRITY?

"In order to live a rich life, everything about who you are must be one, in alignment, and in pure harmony."
-- Suze Orman

For clear and honest expression, our thoughts, speech and actions must all be congruent. We will not stand in our power if we are inadvertently sending mixed messages-if we say one thing and do another.

I found it helpful to consciously identify the values that matter most to me. With these values in mind, it's easier to ensure I'm living them.

"Honor your integrity and you will be repaid many times over with increased prosperity."
-- Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:03 PM   #82
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

STRUGGLING WITH A DECISION?

"You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind."
-- Dale Carnegie

My anxiety level spiked the other day as I wrestled with whether to choose option A or option B. I was so afraid of making the wrong choice!

And then I remembered, with deep gratitude, Susan Jeffers' sage advice: There are no wrong decisions! Whatever we might choose in life will bring valuable experiences if we are open to receive them.

"Lighten up! Whatever happens as a result of your decision, you'll handle it!"
-- Susan Jeffers

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #83
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

BE ON VACATION - TODAY!

"A loser seldom lives in the present, but instead destroys the present by focusing on past memories or future expectations."
-- Muriel James

I had been feeling really tired, and so I began planning a one-week vacation. I became aware of how desperate I was to leave responsibilities behind and simply do nothing for a while. Fortunately, I quickly realized how insane it is to expect one little week that is months away to meet all my needs for freedom, joy, play and relaxation.

Life is only worth living when we experience the gifts of vacations in delicious moments, day in and day out. Qualities like freedom, play and joy do not depend on external conditions. They can be realized any time, if we open to their presence right now.

I'm happy that I will be going on vacation, AND I'm doing more to look after my needs as they arise each day.

"You had better live your best and act your best and think your best today; for today is the sure preparation for tomorrow and all the other tomorrows that follow."
-- Harriet Martineau

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #84
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

TRAVEL WITH AWARENESS

"...focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it."
-- Greg Anderson

Travelling brings me wonderful opportunities to build awareness. When I get into the car, for example, I set an intention to drive well and stay alert to what other drivers and pedestrians are doing. When I realize that my mind has drifted and I've slipped into autopilot, I gently bring my focus back to the present.

It's also a time when I can pay attention to my reactions. Does irritation arise when someone drives too quickly or slowly, or when I get stopped by a yellow light? Being aware of the irritation gives me the opportunity to acknowledge and then release it. If I choose to, I can be at peace anywhere - even on the road!

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast -- you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
-- Eddie Cantor

*** Awareness is the key to all change.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #85
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A NEW VIEW

A friend shared this moment of awakening. She was moaning, "I never get anything done." Her companion replied, "Perhaps you never get EVERYTHING done." Oh... of course!

A shift in perspective can bring both understanding and release.

"Besides learning to see, there is another art to be learned -- not to see what is not."
-- Maria Mitchell

What is personality? What is soul? How do they interact? Experience the power of living soulfully in the present moment.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #86
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

FEELING SAFE

"Oh the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are -- chaff and grain together -- certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away...."
-- Dinah Craik

We cherish our best friends and our special communities because we feel safe to be vulnerable when we're in their embrace. And yet I have discovered that as long as I identify with my self-image, with my ego, there’s no safety possible anywhere. When the ego is on watch, even a dear friend's truth may trigger reactions like anxiety, self-criticism and fear.

The only true safety exists in living the truth of our soul, our essence.

"Open your body and your mind to the subtler levels of experience, letting go of your attempt to control, to be right, not worrying about appearances, not trying to be safe."
-- Stephen Levine

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #87
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

GETTING DOWN TO ESSENTIALS

"Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."
-- Lin Yutang

Do you feel a desire to simplify your life?

If you say 'yes,' then set an intention to reduce the demands, stimuli, interruptions and busyness in your life. We each have the power to do this - we simply have to begin to say 'no' to those activities that don't directly serve what we want for our lives.

Everyone of this planet deserves to have some free time to think, relax and have fun. If you long for this, begin now to clear your plate and allow a new level of experience to happen in your life. Take charge. Eliminate time wasters. Make some decisions about what matters to you.

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak."
-- Hans Hofmann

*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #88
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THINKING OF POVERTY OR WEALTH?

"Being poor is a frame of mind."
-- Mike Todd

What do you think of money?

Our beliefs create our reality. If you have struggled with money most of your adult life, chances are that something happened when you were young to create limiting beliefs around money and prosperity. Look back to your early years. What beliefs did your parents and other influential adults have about money? Chances are you're also carrying those beliefs. Are they serving you?

"The law of abundance is that everything replicates after its own kind. Like is attracted to like. If you want more wealth, concentrate of wealth; think thoughts of abundance and wealth."
-- Delfin Knowledge System

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #89
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

TIME TO STOP SEEKING?

"If there are so many seekers, why are there so few finders?"
-- Eckhart Tolle

Perhaps we've misunderstood the whole concept of a spiritual journey. The term 'seeker' means we are looking for something we believe we do not have now. It places all hope on the future because as a seeker, we haven't yet found our salvation.

Tolle encourages us to experience the truth of who we are by being present right now. If we do that, we don't have to seek anything. We already have everything and can relax and rejoice in the power of being.

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue."
-- Hagakure

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #90
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

WONDER-FULL!

"...we can't survive without enchantment... the loss of it is killing us."
-- Thomas Moore

"There is one thing that all true spirituality has in common, whether that spirituality is derived from faith, from science, from nature or from the arts - a sense of wonder."
-- Andrew Schneider

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle, The other is as though everything is a miracle. I believe in the latter."
-- Albert Einstein

"We live in a world of theophanies. Holiness comes wrapped in the ordinary. There are burning bushes all around you. Every tree is full of angels. Hidden beauty is waiting in every crumb. Life wants to lead you from crumbs to angels, but this can happen only if you are willing to unwrap the ordinary by staying with it long enough to harvest its treasure."
-- Macrina Wiederkehr

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply