Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Unlikely Messenger

Unlikely Messenger

Read Matthew 11:7-15

You make the winds your messengers, fire and flames your ministers.
-Psalm 104:4 (NRSV)

OUR car limped into the small Kansas town, clouds of steam billowing from the ruptured hose. We were on a tight schedule while traveling from Colorado to Ohio where a new hotel-chef job awaited me. As we pulled into the town's garage, the couple who owned it came out after seeing our dilemma. They had a hose that would fit if we didn't mind waiting several minutes to have it put on.

While the man repaired our car, the woman asked where we were headed. I told her about my new position, and she asked me questions about being a chef. I explained to her that it was rewarding for anyone having the passion for it. She told me that her daughter wanted to forgo college in favor of culinary school to become a chef. She said that our conversation had assured her that her daughter was doing the right thing.

As we drove away, I suddenly realized how distracted I'd been. Though I knew we had been blessed to get the car fixed, I had failed to see that we had been messengers of God for the garage owners. Sharing my experiences as a chef had brought the mother peace about her daughter's decision. Since that day, I try to be mindful of every encounter I have with another person, knowing that I may be a messenger of God at any time, even in times of my own need.

Gregory L. Meeker (New Mexico, USA)
Prayer
O God, help us to be watchful and willing messengers for you in our everyday encounters. Amen.

Thought for the Day
Our challenges can be God's opportunities.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply