Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2016, 03:40 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Keeping "Things" in Place

Keeping "Things" in Place

Don't befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people, or you will learn to be like them and endanger your soul. Proverbs 22:24-25

My husband writes his devotional verse on a white board every morning so that the kids can read it too (not sure they do -- but who knows..maybe they do). Anyway, this morning I read it and thought about how this verse really applies to any addiction or bad habit. Omit the word "angry" and put in any negative habit in place and then the verse really become personal.

For anger, we tend to want to get back at the person when they say something hurtful to us. It doesn't help the situation really. When we live in a state of that "feeling" - in this case anger, we tend to fester those negative feelings and we actually justify that anger as being legit too. Oh the dangerous things our mind can do. What we really need to do is steer clear of the anger. Sin just breeds more sin and so if you want to break that cycle you need to take the upper road. And often that means, just choosing not to be near angry or negative people.

For any addiction or hurtful habit (esp those that are triggered by the presence of a person), it's often best to just steer clear of the person. You will notice when tracking your lights (habits) in recoveryBox, this is actually a yellow light. It's a warning to you that this person has the potential to take you down a slippery slope and you shouldn't be near them.

Today, when someone has the potential to harm you, walk away. If you use recoveryBox, give yourself a Green Light for making that choice too! And make sure to share that with your accountability partner or sponsor too.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply