Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - June 30

"Spread out your petition before God, and then say, 'Thy will, not mine, be done.' The sweetest lesson I have learned in God's school is to let the Lord choose for me." - D. L. Moody

Remember that God's grace is sufficient and His mercies are new every morning!

God is never early.
God is never late.

We will see Christ in unlikely places if we take time to look.

God can use even bad things in our lives to bring about good.

Please be patient, God is not through with you.

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

God believes in me therefore my situation is never hopeless.
God walks with me; therefore I'm never alone.
God is on my side; therefore I can never lose.

Every person and each gift is important to God.

When we remember that God is with us, fearsome situations lose their power over us.

RELY ON GOD
Rely not on yourselves, but on God...
He delivered us...
He will deliver us...
He will continue to deliver us..." (2 Corinthians 1:9-11)
I quit!
I've tried my best to live
...as God expects me to
...as my family expects me to
I want to do the best, but I always fail.
I give up!
There's no use trying!
I just fail...
I?
"Rely not on yourselves, but on God...
He delivered us
He will deliver us
He will continue to deliver us"
Again and again and again
like food,
like sleep,
God will give us strength every day.
"Rely not on yourselves, but on God"

"Shake it off and Step up" Author Unknown
A parable is told of a farmer who owned an old mule. The mule fell into the farmer's well. The farmer heard the mule braying - or whatever mules do when they fall into wells. After carefully assessing the situation, the farmer sympathized with the mule but decided that neither the mule nor the well was worth the trouble of saving. Instead, he called his neighbors together, told them what happened, and enlisted
them to help haul dirt to bury the old mule in the well and put him out of his misery. Initially, the old mule was hysterical! But as the farmer and his neighbors continued shoveling and the dirt hit his back, a thought struck him. It suddenly dawned on him that every time a shovel load of dirt landed on his back, he should shake it off and step up! This he did, blow after blow. "Shake it off and step up... shake it off and step up... shake it off and step up!" he repeated to encourage himself. No matter how painful the blows or distressing the situation seemed, the old mule fought panic and just kept right on shaking it off and stepping up. You're right! It wasn't long before the old mule, battered and exhausted, stepped triumphantly over the wall of that well! What seemed like it would bury him actually blessed him - all because of the manner in which he handled his adversity. That's life! If we face our problems and respond to them positively, refusing to give in to panic, bitterness, or self-pity, the adversities that come along to bury us usually have within them the potential to benefit and bless us. Remember that forgiveness, faith, prayer, praise, and hope all are excellent ways to "shake it off and step up" out of the wells in which we find ourselves!

Setting Priorities
You have sown much, and harvested little . . . and you that earn wages earn wages to put them into a bag with holes. Haggai 1:6
WHILE captive in Babylon, the Israelites cried out to God to let them go home to Jerusalem to worship. Once there, they seemed to forget what God wanted: the rebuilding of the temple. They weren't doing anything wrong. They were sowing, eating, drinking, and earning wages -- things that needed to be done. But somehow they were missing God's will.
Sometimes, like them, I feel unproductive. It seems that the more I do, the farther behind I get. Along with what needs to be done every day to run my household, I desire to spend more time praying and studying the Bible. But I also want to write more, spend more time with my son, and become more organized and efficient. None of these things is negative, much less sinful. Nevertheless, if I allow the pursuit of these good things to keep me from pursuing the one, true relationship with my heavenly Father, I merely "earn wages to put them into a bag with holes."
Balancing our busy schedules without forgetting God is our challenge as children of God. It is up to us to make sure nothing else -- no matter how important -- gets in the way of that relationship. --Teresa D. Slack

Pick Thee Me Up
That's another one of Josees' expressions.
Josees is my two-year-old son.
He doesn't have perfect syntax. Even that simple statement requires an ear trained in babyonics to understand.
Pick thee me up!
He says it as he stands in front of me with his outstretched arms and a pleading in his eyes and voice.
Pick thee me up!
Pick thee me up!
Pick thee me up!
Over and over he pleads until sooner or later he's picked up, giving both of us relief.
He is smart enough to recognize the father. He is smart enough to know that the father can lift him out of his situation. He is smart enough to keep pleading until his plea is heard.
Whenever he is frustrated, whenever he is afraid, whenever he feels alone, whenever he needs rest, whenever he needs, he asks the father to "Pick thee me up."
It is a lesson that we all would do well to learn, for we all have a heavenly father.
We all, sooner or later need to call upon him.
We all need to say. . .
Pick thee me up!
Josees was named after Joses, the brother of Jesus.
There were times when Jesus had to call on his father, and say, "Pick thee me up."
So will you.
(1 Cor 6:14) And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
Pick Thee Me Up --A MountainWings Original

HELP FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT by Neil Anderson
The Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. . . . He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God (Romans 8:26, 27).
We really don't know how to pray or what to pray for, but the Holy Spirit does and He will help us in our weakness. Help is a fascinating word in Greek (sunantilambano), two prepositions placed in front of the word take. The Holy Spirit comes alongside, bears us up, and takes us to the other side. The Holy Spirit connects us with God. He intercedes for us on our behalf. The prayer that the Holy Spirit prompts us to pray is the prayer that God the Father will always answer.
How does the Holy Spirit help us in our weakness? I didn't know, but one evening while preparing a message on the topic of praying in the spirit I tried something. I said, "Okay, Lord, I'm setting aside my list, and I'm going to assume that whatever comes to my mind during this time of prayer is from You or allowed by You. I'm going to let You set the agenda." Whatever came to my mind that evening was what I prayed about. If it was a tempting thought, I talked to God about that area of weakness. If the busyness of the day clamored for attention, I discussed my plans with God. I dealt with whatever came to my mind.
I wasn't passively letting thoughts control me though. I was actively taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). Let me warn you that if you passively listen to your thoughts, you may end up paying attention to a
deceiving spirit (1 Timothy 4:1).
If you try this kind of praying, you will find out how personal God really is. If God determined and prioritized our prayer list, He would begin with personal issues that affect our relationship with Him. "Come on," God says. "You keep telling others you have a personal relationship with Me. Let's get personal!"
Lord, teach me what it means to pray in the Spirit at the deep, personal levels of our relationship.

An Eye Witness Account from New York City, on a cold day in December... (Wishfully, this is the kind of thing that would happen frequently, everywhere...)
A little boy about 10 years old was standing in front of a shoe store window, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold. A lady approached the boy and said, "My little fellow, why are you looking so earnestly in that window?" "I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes," was the boy's reply. The lady took him by the hand and went into the store and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy.
She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her. She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with a towel. By this time the clerk had returned with
the socks. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she bought him a pair of shoes. She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him.
She patted him on the head and said, "No doubt, my little fellow, you feel more comfortable now?" As she turned to go, the astonished boy caught her by the hand, and looking up in her face, with tears in his eyes, answered the question with these words: "Are you God's Wife? Author Unknown

The Mender Of Broken Things by Beverly J Anderson
Have the threads of faith in your life grown thin?
Are they twisted by times of doubt?
Is God silent although you've prayed and prayed
And you feel there is no way out?
Sometimes God's silent while working His plan,
But He's there and hears all your prayers.
So do not give up... God is in control.
You matter to Him and He cares.
He sees all the threads, so tangled and worn,
And He knows each trial your life brings.
Just turn every fragment over to Him...
He's the mender of broken things.
In His love, rest and trust in His ways;
He'll work all for good, you will see.
The more that you trust, your faith will grow strong.
So trust as you wait patently.
God's time is right - not early or late.
Each flaw is your life He'll refine,
And one day from your tangled threads He will make
A beautiful, brand-new design.

Storms Of Life Author Unknown
When storms of life are raging and doubt reaches my way,
Remind me of Your love, Lord, to keep my fears at bay.
When all I see is failure and mountains, hard to climb,
Just whisper in my ear, O Lord, that You are still sublime.
This life may disappoint me and so may people too.
Lord, show me Your faithfulness and keep me true to You.
When tears do fill my eyes, Lord, and I'm seemingly blind,
Walk with me, Precious Jesus, and ease my tired mind.
Take me by the hand, Lord, when roads are washing out.
Provide me with protection and keep me from all doubt.
When I am getting real tired from struggling day and night,
Hold me tight, dear Jesus, Please, be my guiding light.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied (Matthew 5:6).

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done. Psalm 62:1-2, 11-12

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws. I have suffered much; preserve my life, O Lord, according to your word. Accept, O Lord, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws. Though I constantly take my life in my hands, I will not forget your law. The wicked have set a snare for me, but I have not strayed from your precepts. Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end.
Psalm 119:105-112

. . .If you are the Christ, tell us plainly." Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." John 10:24-30

But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
Romans 8:10-11

We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Bring Me Your Problems and Troubles by Sarah Young
Jesus is our treasure
Written as if Jesus Himself is speaking directly to the reader, Jesus Always invites you into a new way of living—a life of joy. Enjoy this selection of three devotions from the new Jesus Always!
A long-term problem can become an idol. When you are troubled by a situation that just won’t go away, it’s important to monitor your thoughts. An ongoing difficulty can occupy more and more of your thinking, until it looms in idolatrous proportions — casting ugly shadows on the landscape of your mind. When you realize this has happened, confess it to Me. Pour out your feelings as you seek to break free from the hurtful preoccupation. Acknowledge your weakness in the face of this hardship, and humble yourself under My mighty hand.
A problem-preoccupation makes you anxious. So I urge you to cast all your anxiety on Me — trusting that I care for you. You may have to do this thousands of times daily, but don’t give up! Each time you cast your worrisome concerns on Me, you are redirecting your attention from problems to My loving Presence. To strengthen these transactions, you can thank Me for caring so much for you. Remember that I not only died for you, I live to make intercession for you.
1 John 5:21; 1 Peter 5:6-7; Hebrews 7:25 NKJV
I am your Treasure! Sometimes you feel frazzled — pulled this way and that by people and circumstances around you. Your yearning for meaning and deep connection drives you into more and more activity. Even when your body is still, your mind tends to race — anticipating future problems and searching for solutions. You need to remember that all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Me. Remind yourself of this glorious truth frequently, whispering:
“Jesus, You are my Treasure. In You I am complete.”
When you prize Me above all else, making Me your First Love, you are protected from feeling fragmented. Whenever you find your thoughts straying, you can train your mind to return to the One who completes you. This gives focus to your life and helps you stay close to Me. Living near Me, enjoying My Presence, involves seeking to obey My commands. I am telling you this so that My Joy may be in you and that your Joy may be complete.
Colossians 2:2-3; Revelation 2:4 NKJV; John 15:10-11
One of My names is Wonderful Counselor. I understand you far, far better than you understand yourself. So, come to Me with your problems and insecurities, seeking My counsel. In the Light of My loving Presence you can see yourself as you really are: radiantly lovely in My brilliant righteousness. Though My righteousness is perfect, you will continue to struggle with imperfections — yours and others’ — as long as you live in this world. Still, your standing with Me is secure. Nothing in all creation can separate you from My Love!
A good counselor helps you recognize truth and live according to it. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. So be open and honest when you bring Me your concerns. Also, fill your mind and heart with My Word, which contains absolute truth.
A wonderful counselor is not only extremely good at helping people but also able to inspire delight or pleasure. Delight yourself in Me, beloved, and I will give you the desires of your heart.
Isaiah 9:6 NASB; Romans 8:38–39; John 18:37 NLT; Psalm 37:4

St. Theresa Prayer
May today there be peace within
May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be....
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you....
May you be content knowing you are a child of God....
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance,
It is there for each and every one of you....

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 72
1 Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king's son. 2 He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment. 3 The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness. 4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor. 5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations. 6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth. 7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth. 8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth. 9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust. 10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts. 11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him. 12 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. 13 He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy. 14 He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight. 15 And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised. 16 There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth. 17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed. 18 Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. 19 And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen. 20 The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

Forgiving God, teach us not to judge others by outward appearances but to see all people as your beautiful creations. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply