Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2023, 07:21 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default No Slapping On Labels

No Slapping On Labels

The front door slammed, indicating that Ava was home from school. But she didn't burst into the kitchen as usual, so Mom went to check on her. She found her sitting on the sofa, looking unhappy "What's wrong?" asked Mom.

Ava scowled. "I've been assigned to work on a school project with a new girl in my class-Lily," she mumbled. "You should see her. Her pants are too short, her socks never match, and her hair's always a mess."

"But what makes you think she won't be a good partner?" asked Mom.

"I just told you," grumbled Ava. "If you could see her, you wouldn't even ask."

Just then, there was a loud clunk in the kitchen. "That sounds like trouble," said Mom. She and Ava hurried to the kitchen where they found two-year-old Travis surrounded by several cans he had taken out of the cupboard-many with the labels peeled off. "Oh, no," moaned Mom as she looked at the mess.

"I'll help Travis put them back," said Ava.

After thinking a moment, Mom nodded. "Okay, Ava, but first tape the labels back on the cans," she said.

"But I won't know which label goes on which can," said Ava.

"Well, just figure it out the best you can and make them all look nice and neat," replied Mom. "Then give me one that says 'green beans.' We'll have that for dinner tonight. Beans will go well with the meat loaf I'm fixing."

"But if I just slap the labels on any old can, those that say 'green beans' will probably be something else," protested Ava.

"So what you see on the outside can be misleading, right?" asked Mom. She smiled at Ava. "You should remember that when you think of Lily. You've already judged her because of the way she looks on the outside. That's like slapping a label on her without knowing what's on the inside. Find out what Lily is really like as a person. Don't judge her by her appearance."

Ava looked startled. "I . . . I . . . okay. I should get to know Lily better," she admitted thoughtfully.

Then looking at the cans, she asked, "But what can we do about this mess?"

Mom laughed. "I guess we'll be having mystery foods for a while," she said.

HOW ABOUT YOU? Do you judge people and slap labels on them by the way they look or dress? Don't do that! God doesn't judge by outward appearance and neither should you. A person's height, clothes, skin and hair color-these are unimportant things. Being kind and considerate, having a high standard of behavior, honoring God, respecting parents, etc.-these are the characteristics that help you know what people are like inside. So don't slap on labels; instead, get to know people.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment. John 7:24

Keys For Kids Devotion
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply