Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Spiritual Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Think God Thoughts.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may try to think God's thoughts after Him. I pray that my thoughts may be guided by His thoughts.

From Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Loved this reading but the phrase that followed the title I posted gave me new enlightenment and a new way of looking at things.

"Think God Thoughts after Him!" If I turn my will and my life over to God, after making the decision to look for Him in Step Two, then follow it up with Step Three by finding the quiet and listen in the stillness to pray and listen for His answers, then what comes through is either God Thoughts if I have put my thoughts into His care.

Sometimes my thoughts can get in the way so it is important to quiet them if not eliminate them before I start. Quiet the chatter, and then His Love and Direction can come through.

I have always done that in recovery, but for some reason this put a new perspective on it for me.

This reminds me of the banners, pins, etc, "What would Jesus do?"

He walked the talk so I was only interested in the New Testament and in my first year in recovery, I would take my Bible and only used the Books of the New Testament from Acts to Revelation, Psalms and Proverbs for my daily meditation.

Later I was to realize, I was limiting God. I not only had a narrow outlook on religion, and an anger against the church, that I had to expand my vision and I went on a spiritual journey that broadened my understanding of my Higher Power.

When I think God thoughts, I have a good day! God is good. Good is God!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply