Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2014, 02:10 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

I was once asked, how do you find the Spiritual Solution?

I think it is a personal one. For me it has been a lot of meditation, a lot of open mindedness and spending time with me and God. I like to say, God is as He/She/It reveals themselves to me.

I went to AA and did a lot of service over the years. Step 11 has been a enlightening experience for me. It was a foundation that I feel that has raised me up to a level where I am comfortable with myself, I have been granted a lot of awareness. (or should I say I can come to such a decision if my acceptance of my health in today is there) It is my own truth, yet it isn't the insanity of when I was using. They did promise me that I would recover from that
hopeless state of mind and body. That almost left me when my health started to deteriorate.

There have been a lot of health issues and doctors. All I have been able to do is live in today. I have applied the 12 Steps to my pain as well as my disease of addiction. They didn't promise me that life would get better, all they promised was that I would.

I have gone to Al-Anon for 20 years and have gone when needed to AA, ACoA, NA, CA and counseling to deal with issues as they came up. Counseling for anger, self-esteem, sexual assault, and childhood issues.

I did ten years of intense service and without that, I don't think I
would have what I have today. I found myself reflected in the
people around me. I lived my life through other people for years.
In today, when I do that, I feel that I am using. My recovery is
centered with God, and I am not self-centered like I was when I was using, although the defect can raise it's ugly head on occasion, yet I am learning to practice self-care, self-worth, self-respect, self-esteem, etc. I call it getting to know the Higher Self. Spirituality is about giving and sharing with others. Getting out of myself to help others. I am not the great I am, and yet without me, I have nothing. I can't give away what I don't have. I need that spiritual food and the emotional balance and that is why I need to continue to work my program, one day at a time.

When I got honest, I came to realize that God didn't forsake me, I was the one who went away. Yet my childhood religious upbringing didn't stop me from becoming an alcoholic/addict. I had to make God personal. Today God is a spiritual connection within me linked to the power and glory of God outside of me.

One of the blessing in recovery was to find a church with members who were spiritual in nature. They greeted you at the door, they had a dinner to invite you to meet the other members, and the minister's message I could apply the principles of his message and learned to apply them to my life.

For me, spirituality is identifying God in all things and sharing it with others.

The Bible says we must become as little children. We need to learn to trust. We need to learn to crawl before we can walk.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply