Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Whose hands have control of your steering wheel?

Living Free Every Day®

Today's Scripture
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT

Thoughts for Today
In today's world, a sense of safety and security may be difficult to find. The good news is that there is one way we can always be secure.

Most people feel more secure when they are in control. Somehow a trip down a mountain road does not feel as dangerous to us when we have our hands on the steering wheel. The passengers with us are likely to have much greater anxiety.

Having control over our circumstances is very important to most of us—it makes us feel more secure and confident. But we can't always be in control. And when circumstances beyond our control happen, we may feel helpless and experience panic or depression.

God provides a way for us to always experience a sense of security. He leaves it up to us … we can either continue depending on ourselves, panicking or losing hope when we can't control a situation … or we can depend on the Lord. If we choose Jesus and his way for our lives, we can always be secure in his love. We will still experience problems and trials on this earth, but we will begin to view them from an eternal perspective. When we turn control over to Jesus, we can know that no matter what challenges or trials we face, he will ultimately work them out for good.

Consider this…
Whose hands have control of your steering wheel? Are you still trying to control every detail of your life? Do you experience frustration, fear or even anger when you can't control what is happening to you? Consider turning everything over to Jesus. You can trust him.

Prayer
Father, it seems that every time I turn a situation over to you, I hang on to some little part of it and pull it away from you again. I want to be in control, and yet I know that doesn't always work out. Please forgive me for not trusting you with every area of my life. Help me to trust you more and to leave the control of my life in your hands. Help me to rest securely in your love. In Jesus' name …

These thoughts were drawn from …
Completely Free! by Dan Strickland.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply