Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default The Joy of Being Forgiven: Strength

The Joy of Being Forgiven: Strength

Jesus is the power of God. We cannot rely on our own strength; it is through our weakness that we find the all sufficiency of His strength.
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge is in God. The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace and as thy days, so shall thy strength be. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.
Psalm 55:22, Psalm 73:26, Psalm 62:7, Psalm 29:11, Deuteronomy 33:25, Isaiah 41:10,Jude 1:24
We cannot, in our own strength, live the life God wants us to live. It is not only difficult, it is impossible. Salvation is of the Lord. We cannot save ourselves or keep ourselves from the power of sin. He is the one who lifts us out of the pit of despair and sets our feet on the rock of Jesus Christ.
The life God has for us is an exchanged life—we exchange our own way for His perfect will, our selfish plans for His holy purpose, our soiled garments for His robes of righteousness. We exchange our weakness for His strength, our fear for His power, our emptiness for His fullness.
It is when we become poor in spirit that we can become rich toward God. Because His arms are around us we can be assured that He will never leave us or release His hold upon our lives. What would be considered impossible for us becomes possible with God.
Lord, I know that if there is anything good that comes from my life it will be You doing it in me and through me. I thank You that You have the power to save me, and to keep me from falling. I believe You have me in Your hands, and will keep me close to Your heart.
I thank You that You are my Hope, my Fortress, and my Strength.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply