Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #211
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THE CHALLENGE OF RELATIONSHIPS

"It doesn't much signify whom one marries, for one is sure to find out the next morning that it was someone else."
-- Samuel Rogers

Despite our passion for romantic love, relationships are not the easiest way to find love and peace. They are, however, one of the most effective for finding our blocks.

Relationships naturally bring out into full view our desires, attachments and unconscious programs - our likes, dislikes, belief systems, judgments, compulsions, conformities, etc. Relationships challenge us because they take us deep into thoughts, feelings and experiences we have suppressed for a lifetime. That's why they provide the very best arena for personal growth!

"Human relationships are the perfect tool for sanding away our rough edges and getting at the core of divinity within us."
-- Eknath Easwaran

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #212
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

DISCOVER THE TREASURES INSIDE

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude."
-- Denis Waitley

Peace, joy, health and well-being can only be found inside us. They exist within us now, waiting to be discovered. Yet we tend to look to the outside world to satisfy our needs and longings.

Our outer life reflects back to us the way we think, feel and behave. The outer world is all effects. Go to the source inside for all of life’s treasures.

How are you searching for peace and contentment outside of yourself?

"The great Western disease is, ‘I'll be happy when… When I get the money. When I get a BMW. When I get this job.’ Well, the reality is, you never get to when. The only way to find happiness is to understand that happiness is not out there. It's in here. And happiness is not next week. It's now."
-- Marshall Goldsmith

Like beauty, joy is one of the highest vibrations on this planet. Bring the joy that's already inside you to life

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #213
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

BEING GENUINE

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

When we don’t know who we are -- or if we are afraid to be who we are -- we betray ourselves. We pretend to be who we think we are. Our self image is made up of our experiences, desires and other people’s ideas and expectations of us.

Maintaining this false self is a betrayal of ourselves. In all deep spiritual journeys, there is the experience of betrayal. Betrayal always tells us to adjust our life to be more authentic. What we identify with is all important.

There are large betrayals (e.g., your partner leaving you) and small betrayals (e.g., disappointments). They are all experiences of being wounded for the purpose of breaking down the defenses of the personality. When we allow the wounding and accept the betrayals as divine gifts, we greatly benefit.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-- Dr. Seuss (via Elena)

"What you must dare is to be yourself."
-- Dag Hammarskjold

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #214
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

STRUGGLING WITH MONEY?

"Managing your money does not depend upon becoming wealthy or declaring vows of poverty. Rather, it is about creating stability and sufficiency - a balanced flow of monetary energy through your life."
-- Dan Millman

What would it take to achieve financial stability and sufficiency in your life?

Look honestly at your life. How could you achieve financial stability and sufficiency? Would you need more income? Would you need to trim back your lifestyle? Would you achieve this by refusing to purchase on credit? What can you do now that would move you one step closer to having control over the money in your life?

"We can respond creatively to what we experience as life-depriving and become richer in spirit for having met the challenge."
-- Tad Crawford

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #215
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

RESPONSIBILITY BRINGS POWER

"To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist."
-- Gail Sheehy

What holds you back from being all that you are?

In your journal, list at least 5 things that hold you back.

Now review your answers. Have you blamed people or factors outside of yourself?

It's important to understand that ALL obstructions are rooted in our internal blocks. Even the problems that appear to be outside of us are only reflecting back to us problems we have inside. Once we address our inner issues, the outer problems disappear.

Be personally accountable for everything in your life and watch your perspectives shift. We claim our power when we accept responsibility for our lives.

"Conscious evolution begins as we take responsibility for clearing our own obstructions."
-- Dan Millman

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #216
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

CONFLICTS WITH THE KIDS? RELAX!

"Family life! The United Nations is child's play compared to the tugs and splits and need to understand and forgive in any family."
-- May Sarton

Faced with a child (or a person of any age, for that matter) who is angry or rebellious? Consider the guidance from Vimala McClure:

"To discover what my child needed, a deep, yielding receptivity was vital. The temptation is to become more and more rigid, but the more you do, the less you understand. When faced with a child who is testing your resolve, relax and yield ....

"As a parent, the frustration of not knowing how to fill a need that cannot be articulated can be overwhelming. Often we direct the rage that stems from that frustration toward the child, which serves to distance us even further, making it impossible for the child to open up to us. To get to this type of receptivity, a practice of conscious relaxation is a must."

"Those who have children can become masters of patience, endurance, and steadfastness, because children will test you at every turn. ...The way to make our children patient and loving is to be that way ourselves."
-- Eknath Easwaran

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #217
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

PERSONAL POWER

"The deep root of failure in our lives is to think, 'Oh how useless and powerless I am.' It is essential to think strongly and forcefully, 'I can do it,' without boasting or fretting."
-- Dalai Lama

Angeles Arrien says that whether we are male or female, we need to develop three kinds of power. People who hold these three powers cannot be ignored.

Power of presence - Being really present in each moment
Power of communication - Speaking my truth
Power of position - Being willing to take a stand
"A man's true state of power and riches is to be in himself."
-- Henry Ward Beecher

"We are no longer puppets being manipulated by outside powerful forces; we become the powerful force ourselves."
-- Leo Buscaglia

What is personality? What is soul? How do they interact? Experience the power of living soulfully in the present moment.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #218
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

WHO SETS THE STANDARDS YOU LIVE BY?

"If I get to pick what I want to do, then it's play... if someone else tells me that I have to do it, then it's work."
-- Patricia Nourot

Are you continually struggling to accomplish what is expected of you? If so, stop to think for a moment: who holds those expectations?

Perhaps you're trying to meet the expectations of a parent or a teacher or other authority figures who may be long gone from your life. But many of us toil under the critical eyes of a vague 'somebody' who always judges that we've never done enough or done things well enough. Who is this phantom judge? And do we need to care about what they think any longer?

We find both our own power and happiness when we begin to set our own standards around what has heart and meaning for us.

"Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever."
-- Nancy Lopez

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:01 PM   #219
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

WHAT'S YOUR BEST ROUTINE?

"For all my good intentions, there are days when things go wrong or I fall into old habits. When things are not going well, when I'm grumpy or mad, I'll realize that I've not been paying attention to my soul and I've not been following my best routine."
-- Robert Fulghum

How do you need to bring more balance to your life?

Robert Fulghum has shared, "The older I get, the more I realize the importance of exercising the various dimensions of my body, soul, mind and heart. Taken together, these aspects give me a sense of wholeness. I want to be a whole human being rather than one who limps on one leg because I don't know how to use all of my parts. Intellectual, emotional, and physical activity are not separate entities. Rather, they are dimensions of the same human being."

"There is an Indian Belief that everyone is in a house of four rooms: A physical, a mental, an emotional and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not complete."
-- Rumer Godden

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision. Go deeper..

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:03 PM   #220
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

DO YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF?

"We cannot rise higher than our thought of ourselves."
-- Orison Swett Marden

What do you believe about yourself?

If you are experiencing a lack of something in your life, chances are that you hold a belief in your subconscious that says you aren't worthy of having that quality. Write in your journal the answer to these questions for yourself:

Where are you not good enough, not worthy enough?
How willing are you to receive?
"We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
-- e. e. cummings

*** Tackle your financial challenges holistically! Learn the basic steps to managing money, explore your beliefs around wealth, and open to the spiritual laws of abundance.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:04 PM   #221
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

CELEBRATE DIFFERENCES

"Souls don't have races or sexes or religions. They are beyond artificial divisions."
-- Brian Weiss

Intolerance of differences always exists in people who don't know who they are, people who don't have a strong sense of their own authentic self, the soul within.

Intolerance is rooted in fear.

The basis for having a strong sense of self-esteem is to replace our unconscious idea of basic unworthiness with a conscious knowing of our fundamental inherent goodness. As Matthew Fox argues in Original Blessing, the notion of 'original sin' must be replaced with the truth of 'original blessing.'

Being in touch with our essential goodness, we can see the essential goodness in others as well.

"Beliefs separate. Loving thoughts unite."
-- Paul Ferrini

Take a 90 day journey to get in touch with your authentic self.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #222
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

BUILD THE AWARENESS HABIT

"It is difficult to see the picture when you are inside of the frame."
-- Author Unknown

Start building the awareness habit: STOP and PAY ATTENTION. Set an intention to become aware of how you automatically react to different things in your life.

For example, how do you react to the alarm clock, the shower, traffic, work colleagues and situations, your partner or children? How do you react to anger or fear in someone else? How do you react to your own anger or fear? Become a witness to your own life. Pay attention to how you do things.

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
-- Abraham H. Maslow

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Sorry you had to wait for these, I couldn't get into my gmail. My mistake not theres.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #223
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

BE OPEN TO CHANGE

"Balance is a dynamic process; it changes with the days, the seasons, the years."
-- Sherrill Sellman

How rigid are your routines? Do you exercise for 30 minutes, three times each week no matter how you feel?

Routines and structure can provide a valuable framework to bring discipline to our lives. At the same time, we are always changing and it's wise to be sensitive to our physical, emotional and mental states so we can ensure that our activities truly meet our needs. We need to be willing to change our patterns when our practices no longer serve us.

"Only in growth, reform, and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found."
-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"The smallest change in perspective can transform a life. What tiny attitude adjustment might turn your world around?"
-- Oprah

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #224
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

HOW DO YOU WORK WITH ANGER?

"Character isn't inherited. One builds it daily by the way one thinks and acts, thought by thought, action by action. If one lets fear or hate or anger take possession of the mind, they become self-forged chains."
-- Helen Douglas

How do you feel about anger, in yourself and in others?
How do you deal with it?

Anger is powerful energy. If we are afraid of this energy, we may attempt to deny or hide it. And when we lack control of the energy of anger, we impose it on other people or things.

The ways we react to anger usually reflect how we experienced anger as children and how our own anger when we were young was handled by the adults at the time.

In reality, anger, like any emotion, brings us information. It tells us how we feel about what is being experienced. If we receive anger's message and learn more about ourselves, the energy will pass.

"Too often we underestimate how quickly our feelings are going to change because we underestimate our ability to change them."
-- David Gilbert

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life. Discover a whole new way of working with life's challenges.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:30 AM   #225
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

LIVE IN RELAXATION

"It would be glorious to see mankind at leisure for once. It is nothing but work, work, work."
-- Henry David Thoreau

Is relaxation possible only when we’re not working? No. With awareness and practice, we can be relaxed no matter what we are doing. In fact, when we work in a relaxed state, our productivity increases as our effort decreases.

For true relaxation, we need to connect with our bodies -- to consciously and intentionally become aware of tension and release it.

"Anxiety breaks a man’s backbone."
-- Hebrew proverb

"Don't hurry, don't worry. You're only here for a short visit. So be sure to stop and smell the flowers."
-- Walter Hagen

*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply