Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - October 7

What does love look like? Still your mind, and focus on Jesus.

God is not only a very present help in trouble, but He is also a great help in keeping us out of trouble.

Wherever we go, God is already there.

We may have our hands full, every hour of every day; but we are continually blessed, knowing that through it all we are fully in God’s hands and always loved.

Jesus makes transformation happen in unexpected ways.

Today I have faith and perseverance to stay on my path and to do what is necessary whether or not it gives me immediate results and gratification. I am letting go of my impatience, procrastination, fear and doubt. I trust that God knows the right time for the right results. --Ruth Fishel

God, help me remember to be peaceful first, no matter what situation I face. --Melody Beattie

We see promises fulfilled when we place our lives in God's hands.

Beyond the Surface by Sally I. Kennedy
The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
The small flats boat was whipping along on top of the sea. No bouncing, just gliding on the glassy waters. What a glorious day! My husband was at the wheel, and as we entered a shallow area, he slowed to make sure we didn’t get stuck in the sandy bottom.
Gazing out, I watched the horizon meet the Gulf. I was lost in God’s beauty, when Ben exclaimed, “Look at these flats. Lots of grass.” Then, “ Here’s a nice low profile reef.”
I peered over the edge, and sure enough, purple sea fans were clearly visible. As we drifted a bit deeper, we could see some larger fish and some coral that had a little more dimension. Being a fisherman, my husband knows that looking beyond the surface, you see more. The deeper you go in the ocean, the more you see.
The Bible tells us that God looks beyond the surface, that He is looking deeper; He is looking at our hearts. It is good for us to go deeper in the word of God. There is more to be seen. More revelation…..beyond the surface.
It is good, also, to go deeper with the Lord in prayer and meditation. Going deeper with God, and His word, affords us wisdom in our day to day relationships.
Lord, today may I go beyond the surface: may I get a glimpse of your heart, through your Word. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Joy: Are You Awake? by Sheila Walsh
Let the wonder of God’s creation awaken a joyful praise in you. - Sheila Walsh
If you were to share a pot of coffee with a certain elderly gentleman in downtown Dallas, he would tell you that the very sight of rain still brings tears to his eyes.
He is one of many Texans who remember the terrible drought of the 1950s, when it seemed the sky had run dry. It lasted for seven years and left the state in an agonizing water shortage. Crops shriveled and died, creeks became sandpits, and wells dried up. When the rain finally came, the state had been scarred forever.
When I hear stories of hardship like this, it jolts me awake. I suddenly start seeing all kinds of things I’ve been casually taking for granted.
I turn on a faucet and expect water to run clean and cold.
I see summer leaves turn myriad shades of red, orange, and gold before they surrender to winter’s icy blast, knowing that spring will come.
I drive into brilliant sunsets on my route home.
I crunch into juicy apples and sip steaming tea.
All are gifts to celebrate and treasure! When did you last pause to soak in the wonder of it all? The change of the seasons... the beauty of the night sky... the faithfulness of the harvest...
The miraculous is all around us — a truth no one appreciated more fully than the psalmist. Psalm 104 is full of glorious praise exalting our God the King who is “clothed with splendor and majesty” (Psalm 104:1 ESV). Our mighty King, the Ruler of all eternity, is also the Sustainer of life. The psalmist took the time to recognize and praise God for the miracles that are so easy to overlook and take for granted, the ones He performs every single day!
You make springs gush forth in the valleys. — Psalm 104:10 ESV
The earth is satisfied with the fruit of your work. — Psalm 104:13 ESV
You cause the grass to grow for the livestock and plants for man to cultivate. — Psalm 104:14 ESV
He uses the moon “to mark the seasons” (Psalm 104:19 ESV).
All creatures look to Him for what they need. He opens His hands and provides (Psalm 104:27–28 ESV).
This is the joyful voice of someone marveling at the works of God’s hands. For you and me to know that joy, we need to be awake to the wonder of God’s power and faithfulness. We have to be willing to pause and take in the awe-inspiring evidence that the King of the universe is working and is so worthy of praise.
Psalm 104 is a wonderful reminder that we don’t have to wait until Sunday morning to lift our voices in praise to our God. His mercy and grace and outrageous generosity are all around us.
His joy will break into your life when you are awake to the miraculous and praise Him for all He has done!
Let the wonder of God’s creation awaken a joyful praise in you.
Five Minutes in the Word
May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works, who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke! I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord. — Psalm 104:31-34 ESV
You crown the year with your bounty; your wagon tracks overflow with abundance. — Psalm 65:11 ESV
He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call. — Psalm 147:8-9
He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. — Psalm 147:4
Praise Him, sun and moon; praise Him, all you shining stars. Praise Him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for at His command they were created. — Psalm 148:3-5
Your Turn: Joy Challenge: Today, notice the gifts. Notice every small thing that you would normally take for granted and thank God for His abundance! Praise His name!

Choose Joy from Joy for the Journey
Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You. — Psalm 5:11
Morning
Everywhere I turn today, something tries to steal my joy.
If I can’t rejoice and be glad today, I will never rejoice and be glad.
I will waste the joyous opportunities of today waiting for tomorrows that may or may not ever come. If I wait until life slows down, the sun comes back, the kids are older and less demanding, I lose some weight, my husband gets that raise, then I’ll spend my life waiting rather than living and being glad.
The joys of life are found in and amongst life itself.
Yes, life is full of frustrations, disappointments, pain, and suffering; but no matter what we are facing, having an attitude of joy will allow us to find the good that God promises us is there.
If an oyster can make a pearl out of an irritating grain of sand, just think what you could do if in every situation you chose to rejoice!
~ Lysa TerKeurst from Living Life on Purpose
Evening
Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days! — Psalm 90:14
Let the righteous be glad; Let them rejoice before God. — Psalm 68:3
I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. — Psalm 13:5
Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. — Psalm 5:11
Your Turn: Is something trying to steal your joy? Is someone getting under your skin and you find your joy has a leak? What do you need to rejoice in even if it’s irritating at the moment?

Do you live with an attitude of gratitude?
Many people find it very difficult to be thankful. Yet, the Bible repeatedly tells us to be thankful in everything. We should live overflowing with thankfulness (Colossians 2:7).
Rather than finding something to complain about, we should find something to be thankful for. There is always something in life for which to thank God; indeed, we should always [be] giving thanks to God the Father for everything (Ephesians 5:20).
Furthermore, Psalm 100:4 tells us: Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Notice that just entering his gates demands that we be thankful.
Being thankful is important to God. Therefore, decide to live with an attitude of gratitude. Weekly Wisdom

You Are the Light of the World Author Unknown
"To the world you might just be another person, but to one person you may be the whole world."
A story is told of a man crossing the Atlantic by ship. One night, as he was confined to his cabin due to seasickness, he heard the cry, "Man overboard!" He felt that there was nothing he could do to help, but he said to himself, "I can at least put my lantern in the porthole." He struggled to his feet and hung the light so it would shine out into the darkness.
The next day he learned that the person had been rescued and had told others, "I was going down in the dark night for the last time when someone put a light in a porthole. As it shone on my hand, a sailor in a lifeboat grabbed it and pulled me in."
God has chosen us to reach out and bring light into the darkness, to light our world, to light up the lives of others, no matter how small or insignificant we may feel!
"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16)

"The Five-Finger Prayer" (Author Unknown)
1. Your thumb is nearest to you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a "sweet duty."
2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.
3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's guidance.
4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is fact that this is our weakest finger; as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.
5. And lastly comes our little finger; the smallest finger of all, which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible says, "the least shall be the greatest among you." Your pinky should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Yo, you who are asleep, wake up! You closed your eyes for a moment to rest and have fallen asleep. But, you must shake yourself awake and get up so that you can be aware of what I am doing in the earth and with My people. These are dangerous times to be unaware. Rise up and come into My light, says the Lord. Ephesians 5:14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light."

Deliberately set yourself to be clear and alert. The enemy has released a spiritual fog that will cause you to make incorrect assumptions. Take time to examine what you think you know and look for evidence that will prove the validity of what you assume is correct. Clarity and precision are necessary at this time, says the Lord. Psalms 19:13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, and I shall be innocent of great transgression.

I speak to many who have been struggling in grief and sorrow. You must understand that leaving your grief behind is not a betrayal of those you grieve for. Your tears are sacred. But, this is a new day in which you can re-position yourself in the hope of new beginnings. Be renewed by allowing life to spring up in you, says the Lord. I am with you. Isaiah 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Reevaluate where you are spiritually in comparison to where you want to be. This is the first step in moving forward in My purposes, says the Lord. There are things you can do to make your journey on the earth more meaningful; all within your grasp. Psalms 84:5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage.

Take a deep breath and clear your mind of all the turmoil that keeps you from living a focused life. You have allowed too many things to encroach on your walk in the Spirit. And, you have spent too much of your energy and life force on temporary, worldly issues. Your circumstances can only change when you change your mind and position yourself in faith and trust in Me, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

You are like a race horse waiting for the gate to open. You think you are ready to run, but it will only be right when you see the opening. Don't be impatient. Be still in the core of your being. Rest on faith that My purposes for you are true and set. But, you must not get out ahead of Me. Wait for My direction, and when I lead you out you will have developed a steadfast heart, says the Lord. Psalms 112:7 He will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
This is indeed a brand new day. Many will miss it. But, if you will understand that which I am doing then you will walk this new path of life with Me. And, you will know those things that are going to take place. As you go I will reveal them to you. And, you will understand that I am sharing with you My plans for this season. When these plans are completed in your life you will be strengthened, and you will come up higher. You will become like the lion in strength and power. For, this is ordained by Me, says that Lord.

I'm Not Alone by Eddie Moore Jr.
While crying out for guidance,
holding that the flesh is weak,
From within a gentle silence,
comes the answers that I seek.
When my days are at their darkest
and the nights produce no rest,
in His spirit there's a stillness,
where He summons up my best.
Since temptations are unyielding
in their attempts to gain control,
His grace provides the shielding,
that protects my mortal soul.
Knowing I can not defeat them;
yet, with Him I'm not alone,
as He goes out to greet them,
soon my troubles will be gone.
I am shielded by His blessing
with this armor that I wear
and safe from life's transgressions
by the powers found in prayer.
My cup is free from sorrow,
it's overflowing at the brim.
I can stand and face tomorrow,
having placed my faith in Him.

Draw Closer to God by Doreen Robinson
When the sun is shining brightly,
And our life is running smoothly.
We find it easy to smile and be pleased,
To praise and give thanks to God.
But when dark clouds begin to gather,
And our life looks grim and bleak.
We begin to grumble and complain,
And blame God when things go wrong.
It is when the clouds are the darkest,
That we should draw closer to God.
For he is the silver lining in every cloud,
The light in the center of our world.

Philippians 4:6 – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7b)

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." (I Peter 5:8)

This is the day which the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:24

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is. - Romans 12:2 (NIV)

God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:19

I'M TIRED
The doctor told me, physical exercise would be good for me. But my body is out of shape, and I'm a little bit lazy, so I have worked out this easy daily program I can do right at work.
Monday: Beat around the bush. Jump to conclusions. Climb the walls. Wade through paperwork.
Tuesday: Drag my heels. Push my luck. Make mountains out of molehills. Hit the nail on the head.
Wednesday: Bend over backwards. Jump on the bandwagon. Balance the books. Run around in circles.
Thursday: Toot my own horn. Climb the ladder of success. Pull out the stops. Add fuel to the fire.
Friday: Open a can of worms. Put my foot in my mouth. Start the ball rolling. Go over the edge.
Saturday: Pick up the pieces. Throw in the towel. Whew! What a workout!
Sunday: Kneel in prayer. Rise in praise. Let go, Let God. Decide to go to God first, so next week will be different!

One Moment at a Time
Dear God, I spend so much time reliving yesterday
or anticipating tomorrow
that I lose sight of the only time that is really mine,
the present moment.
You give today one moment at a time.
That’s all I have,
all I ever will have.
Give the faith which knows that each moment
contains exactly what is best for me.
Give the hope which trusts You enough
to forget past failings and future trials.
Give the love which makes each moment
an anticipation of eternity with You.
We ask this in the name of Jesus
Who is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Amen.

Psalm 35
1 Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help. 3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation. 4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt. 5 Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the Lord chase them. 6 Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the Lord persecute them. 7 For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul. 8 Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall. 9 And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in his salvation. 10 All my bones shall say, Lord, who is like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him? 11 False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not. 12 They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul. 13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom. 14 I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother. 15 But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not: 16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth. 17 Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions. 18 I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people. 19 Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause. 20 For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land. 21 Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me, and said, Aha, aha, our eye hath seen it. 22 This thou hast seen, O Lord: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me. 23 Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord. 24 Judge me, O Lord my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me. 25 Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it: let them not say, We have swallowed him up. 26 Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me. 27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant. 28 And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.

Loving God, we often face difficult decisions in life, or wonder where our lives are going. Thank You for offering us help and guidance and support as we take each and every step along life's journey. Thank You for loving us so much, for it is Your love that keeps us going, no matter what. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply