Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default How Big Are God’s Hands?

How Big Are God’s Hands? BY RICK WARREN
“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish .... My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand” (John 10:28-29 NIV).
When I was growing up, one of the things that impressed me about my dad was his big hands. I have big hands now, but my dad had huge hands! When he would do carpentry, the hammer just looked so small in his hands.
My heavenly Father has really big hands. He’s got the whole world in his hands!
How big are God’s hands?
God’s hands are big enough to bless you. Jesus often touched people in order to bless them. He would lay his hands on people and bless them. He does the same for you. Isaiah 62:3 says, “The Lord will hold you in his hand for all to see — a splendid crown in the hand of God” (NLT, second edition).
God’s hands are scarred to never forget you. In Heaven, the only scars will be on Jesus. Do you think God can forget you? He has a constant reminder in his nail-scarred hands. The Bible says, “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion for the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands”(Isaiah 49:15-16a NIV).
God’s hands are strong enough to keep you eternally secure. John 10:28-29 says, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish .... My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand” (NIV).
Once you put your life in God’s hands, nobody can snatch you out. You may wonder, “Can’t you just jump out?” How big do you think God’s hands are? You’re never going to get to the edge of his hands. Every aspect of your life is in his hands.
When my kids were little, I used to stand at the edge of the pool in the water and say, “Trust me. Jump to me.” They were always afraid. Is he strong enough to catch me? Are his hands slippery? What happens if he doesn’t catch me? But finally they would get up enough faith to jump into my arms, and of course I would catch them. Then they’d want to do it a hundred more times!
Your Father is waiting for you to jump today. He’s saying, “Trust me. I can be trusted. I’m working behind the scenes. And I can handle anything you give me.” Don’t you want God’s hand to be on your life? Don’t you want your life to be in God’s hands? You can trust him with your life and your future
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply