Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default He’s there for you

Sister’s in Christ Worldwide

YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

Living in Florida, I know a lot of people with two homes – one here and one farther up north. Six months here, six months there. Some do so to avoid a northern winter and and a few do so to experience one. Actors and athletes do it – one fixed home where they want to raise their family and another near Hollywood or New York. Working families may have two homes. Or families who want a vacation home available when they need it.

You know, God has two homes, too. Yep, He sure does. Isaiah told me so: “”I [God] live in a high and holy place and with the oppressed and lowly of spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed.” (57:15)

His throne in Heaven has been His dwelling place since eternity past, we all know that. But did you know He has another home? He says He also lives with the oppressed and lowly of spirit.

But the cool thing with being omnipotent is that He can be in both homes at the same time. He is still on the throne overseeing this earth, its nations and powers and making certain His plans prevail.

But as sure as He is on the throne, He is also near the hurting. He has looked down from His first home, in His high and lofty place, at we who may be oppressed, depressed, confused, sick, heartbroken and He has said something that no one except Mr. Rogers may ever have said to you. “I want to be her neighbor. I want to be close to her. I want to be near enough where if she just turns her head or lifts her voice, she will know I’m there for her.”

Sister, you are not alone. The Lord is with you. And it’s not some righteous obligation for Him! He already has a very nice home way up above us. No, He’s made His home with you because He loves you and He loves bringing peace, love and joy to His people.

So if you need Him, look for Him. You’ll find Him when you search for Him with all your heart. Knock, and His door will open for you.

He’s there for you.

- Ruthy Hobbs

“Who is like the Lord our God -
The One enthroned on high,
who stoops down to look
on the heavens and the earth?
He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the garbage pile
in order to seat them with nobles -
with the nobles of his people.”
Psalm 113:5-7

Lord, thank you for being near me! Remind me of your closeness to me today when the distractions of this world make me feel far from You. Hold me close, Lord and never let me go.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply