Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2022, 07:50 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Standing Firm - The Sword of the Spirit Day Fourteen

The Sword of the Spirit by SGLY Ministry

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 NKJV.

What a powerful weapon the Sword of the Spirit is! I don’t think we really realize the power we have been given in God’s word. His word is alive, it is relevant now. It is powerful. It is sharper than any two-edged sword, it can go deep inside a person, nothing is un-reachable from it, it brings everything out into the open. It can divide soul and spirit, joints and marrow, meaning it can un-cover things that are invisible or hidden and reveal them. It is a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart, it can recognize what people are thinking and planning and reveal it. There is no other weapon as powerful as God’s word.

Believers, we have so much power available to us. The word of God is a mighty weapon that we can use against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12 NKJV. For remember, we are not fighting against flesh and blood, even though it may seem so at times, so we must fight spiritually using God’s word.

Prayer: Dear God, I am so thankful for Your word which is the sword I can use against the enemy. Thank You for this powerful weapon. Help me to remember to use it when I am attacked spiritually so I will be able to stand firm. Amen.

Today: Carry the word with you wherever you go. Keep a bible in your car and at work. Get a Bible *** on your cell phone. Memorize key verses so they are readily available in your mind to strengthen you and to speak out against the enemy if needed. Write down verses and keep them in your pocket or purse to pull out. Read the word, study the word, listen to the word, be very familiar with it so you will know truth from untruth if you are confronted by a false prophet. The word is your sword which is your weapon to fight against the enemy, keep it with you at all times. A soldier never goes into battle un-armed.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply