Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 21

Oh Lord, most heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight. Through Christ our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Prayer for Goodness (based on Psalm 1)

Heavenly Father, who has given us the gift of your law, so that we might know our sin, and your Son, that we might be forgiven where we fall short: Give me the grace to remember your holy Word, when my surroundings tempt me to confusion and weakness, that I might more nearly approach true obedience to your will. Help me to resist the arguments of the ungodly; let me not be deceived by false beauty; and let me never replace the truth which you have put into my heart with the clever words of men. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

God Give us Victory

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. For I wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. You are my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge. I will sing a new song to You, O God; I will make music to You, to the One who gives victory…who delivers His servant. My sons in their youth will be like well-nurtured plants, and my daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace. Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 144:1-12 (NIV) Ephesians 6:12 (KJV)

Dear Lord, remind me that there will never be enough ordained ministers and missionaries to change the world! Only Christians, by example and word, can contact one on one the unchurched and the agnostic or atheist in the market place. ... Help me, Lord, to truly be Your disciple. Give me the right words at the right time to share Your love, encouragement and comfort, so that others will desire to know You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For God’s Kindness”

Father, You are faithful to supply all our physical needs even as You replenish the earth with fresh moisture from above and raise up the crops in their proper season. We are showered with Your common grace as You bless us each day with Your abundance of good things. Because we know that all things work together for good and to accomplish Your intended goal for our lives, we can remain joyful in hope even in the difficult things we are experiencing today. How reassuring to know that Your kindness indeed leads people to repentance and faith in you. Amen.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8–9, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, let our thoughts be filled with all that is honorable, just, pure, gracious, good, and praiseworthy. We want to await your Spirit, not giving way to anxiety, but showing ourselves worthy to be your children. We want to be your children, who can rise above even the most difficult conditions and maintain a quiet trust, to the glory of your Spirit within us. Protect us now and always in your divine peace. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. As a new day starts please be with me to find the strength to get through today, for sometimes it feels as I can't make it at all.

“A Prayer For Remembering God’s Wonders”

Heavenly Father, it is in my hour of need that I see Your powerful provision in my life. When I’m in need of comfort, You are my Comforter. When I’m in need of courage You go before me. When I’m in need of friendship You are the friend that sticks closer than a brother. When I’m in need of stability You are the Anchor for my soul. When I’m in need of finances You own the cattle on a thousand hills. When I’m in need of peace You are the peacemaker. When I’m in need of food You are the Bread of Life. When I’m thirsty You are the living water that leads to eternal life. You are my Shepherd and I shall never be in want of anything. Thank You for meeting every need I have. Amen.”
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply