Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 22

Prayer to Inspire Others

Lord, I ask you to inspire me to encourage others by what I say and do today. God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior.

Lord, show me how to live today with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

To Glorify God

In view of God’s mercy, I offer my body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is my spiritual act of worship. It is [not in my own strength] for it is You, Lord, who is all the while effectually at work in me—energizing and creating in me the power and desire—both to will and work for Your good pleasure, satisfaction and delight. To God belongs all glory and honor and praise. Amen

Scripture Reading Romans 12:1 Philippians 2:13

Dear Lord, if only the birds with beautiful voices sang, the world would often be silent. ... Let me "sing out" Your praises because my spirit is filled with love and gratitude for Your gift of faith, and for Your presence in my life. ... Let me worship You, Lord, for Your faithfulness, and for sending Your Son and the Holy Spirit that I may better understand Your will for my life. Let me in all of my being praise You, Lord.

Amen and Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, may I have that faith in eternal life which will make me careful of what I choose for my own and more careful of what I put in the lives of others. Amen.

God our Father, I thank you that many people have used their gifts well and have helped me and inspired me and brought cheerfulness and joy in my life. May I, too, live in such a way that I bring blessings to others by my attitude and actions and my presence with them. Remain with me and lead me to that final day when I, too, will be able to say: “I see all heaven before me and the great God himself.” Amen.

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?...Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42: 1–2, 5, NIV

Lord our God, as the deer pants for refreshing water, so our souls long for you, O God. Our souls thirst for you, for the living God. We stand in your presence and pour out our hearts to you. We bring before you everything that is painful to us, all our suffering and needs. We also bring you all our hopes and the many proofs you have given us that our lives need not go to ruin but can be directed to greater things. May the light of your Spirit shine on us today and always. Amen.

Dear Lord, in times of need I turn to you for your grace and guidance. Today is no different and I come to you once again for I face the unknown and I am scared. Please be with me and let me know I am not alone.

Lord our God, as the deer pants for refreshing water, so our souls long for you, O God. Our souls thirst for you, for the living God. We stand in your presence and pour out our hearts to you. We bring before you everything that is painful to us, all our suffering and needs. We also bring you all our hopes and the many proofs you have given us that our lives need not go to ruin but can be directed to greater things. May the light of your Spirit shine on us today and always. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply