Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 27

Prayer of Submission

Dear Lord, I give you my hands to do your work; I give you my feet to go your way; I give you my eyes to see as you see; I give you my tongue to speak your words; I give you my mind that you may think in me; I give you my spirit that you may pray in me. Above all, I give you my heart that you may love in me. I give you my whole self, Lord, that you may grow in me, so that it is you who lives, works and prays in me. Amen.

Prayer to Grow Closer to God

Dear Lord, I am trying to do better and better each day; I am trying to walk with you and do your will, but sometimes it seems like I am slipping backwards no matter how hard I try. And I get confused sometimes; even if I want to do the right thing, I don't always know what it is.

So this is my prayer, heavenly Lord, for your help in straightening out my mind and straightening out my life. Lead me, Lord, and let your Holy Spirit guide me. Even if the correction is painful, help me to keep my mind open to your truth. Let me do your will in my every action, and know your will, that I might do it. Help me not be deceived by false assertions or glib intelligence, by those who would excuse or promote sinful actions, by those who simply do not know; and above all, help me not to deceive myself. Guide me away from excuses and rationalizations when I have sinned, but into your holy truth, that I might know my sin, and correct what I can, and ask forgiveness for what I cannot. By the grace and mercy of holy Christ, I ask this, Amen.

And now, as a little child, let me abide in you all this day, oh Christ, so that when you appear I may have confidence and not shrink from you in shame at your coming. For I know that you are righteous, and I am sure that I will be made righteous only by my life in you. Amen.

Walking in Truth

Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth: unite my heart to fear Your name. You, my Lord God, are a sun and shield: You give grace and glory: no good thing will You withhold from them that walk uprightly. I am blessed because I know the joyful sound: I shall walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance. In the name of Jesus I do Your commandments that I may have rights to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Amen.

Scripture Reading Psalm 84:11 (KJV) Psalm 86:11 (KJV) Psalm 89:15 (KJV) Rev. 22:14 (KJV)

Dear Lord, help me to leave spaces in my days for quiet growth, for new ideas, for dreams and new insights, for perspectives and directions, for listening to Your quiet voice, and sensing Your will for me. ... Let me not limit my quiet time by setting boundaries, lest I miss out on what Your Holy Spirit has uniquely for me!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Loving Lord, inspire me to be welcoming and generous in my attitude to others, showing individuals that they matter and are important. May I make a difference to someone in my part of the world today. Amen.

Escaping Evil, Embracing Truth

2 Timothy 2:22-26

Dear Father,

Help me to escape evil passions and to aim at righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with all who call upon the Lord from a pure heart.

Give me the wisdom to avoid stupid, senseless quarrels and controversies. Help me to be kind and forbearing toward everyone, teaching and correcting with gentleness any who may oppose your doctrine.

My God, grant those who are estranged from you in mind to be persuaded by the truth and turn in repentance toward you, that they may escape from the devil after having been captured by him to do his will.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

“A Prayer To The Unchanging God”

Father, we thank You for the sweet glorious message that simple faith claims; that yesterday, today and forever Jesus is still the same. For still He loves to save the sinful, heal the sick and lame. He cheers the mourner and stills the tempest, we give glory to His name. Yesterday, today and forever Jesus is the same. Everything else changes but Jesus never, glory to His name! Be magnified in our lives we pray. Amen.
Prayer adapted from the hymn, “Yesterday, Today, Forever” by A.B. Simpson

Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me. Psalm 27:7–9a, NIV

We thank you, dear Father in heaven, that you let the light from your face shine into our hearts. Look upon our time, we pray, with your clear, penetrating eyes, and let men sense that they are watched over by more than they are able to see. Let men realize that a strong God and Father is watching over them. Protect us on our way, and let your light shine ever more brightly, so that in all we do your name is glorified. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. As a new day starts please remind me that if I can dream, I can do anything.

We thank you, dear Father in heaven, that you let the light from your face shine into our hearts. Look upon our time, we pray, with your clear, penetrating eyes, and let men sense that they are watched over by more than they are able to see. Let men realize that a strong God and Father is watching over them. Protect us on our way, and let your light shine ever more brightly, so that in all we do your name is glorified. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that my weaknesses do not lead others to stray. Please give me the wisdom to make the right choices and lead by example.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply