Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Always good to go back and read an old post. Here is one I found from 2010 on another site.

Quote:
Not even sure what to call my post, I will write it out and then think about it.

I went onto the internet to check the scores from Tuesday night's bridge game. To my way of thinking, I played the worst game of bridge and all I could think of the two dumb mistakes I made, instead of looking at what I did do right.

So many times, I make a mistake in my bidding or play at the beginning of the night, and I will carry it with me all night long. I just finished talking about stuff from my past, but 10 minutes, 10 hours, 10 weeks ago is my past and I tend to forget that. Even 10 seconds ago, the words have gone and I can't take them back.

When I checked the score, we came 3rd in A section and 1st in B section. Here I was expecting to come in last because of my mistakes. I didn't realize how much of it I had still hung onto. My partner was someone I had only played with about 3 times, he had no partner and I had no partner and ended up being paired together. He kept saying, I just play it for fun, don't worry, let it go. I started in with the "Yeah buts... I want to be competetive, I don't like making 'stupid' mistakes, and don't like..."

This is something I really have to turn over to my Higher Power and ask for the healing. I need to break the old pattern and learn to forgive myself. I need to surrender all those old 'mistakes' and turn them over to my Higher Power and ask for forgiveness for not only what I did wrong but for the lack of trust and willingness to have faith, not only in Him, but in myself.

Just because I make a mistake doesn't mean I am one. I know those words but I can still act them and take them personal in today. Thank God for this program.
This is something I need to remember, but for the Grace of God, I would not be playing, eating, working, living!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply