Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Reprieve - February

February 1

A DAILY PROCESS WITH EVERLASTING REWARD

“We feel a man is unthinking when he says that sobriety is enough.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 82

“Since God chose you to be the holy people that he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you.” Colossians 3: 12 &13

For what it’s worth: Early in recovery I felt threatened by anything appearing religious. I recall fussing and cussing because the Big Book says “we are not saints”, yet it seemed Alcoholics Anonymous was trying to make me one. Was not being sober enough? Why did I have to pray for people who had wronged me? Why did I have to examine my own behavior every time something went sour in my life? Why could I just not blame others? Many sober years were necessary for me to understand why Alcoholics Anonymous demanded so much. It was far more than not drinking. It was to discover and achieve what I really wanted in life: love, worth, serenity and peace. First, I had to be free of any prejudice or aversion. Then I was ready to pursue a close, conscious contact with my Heavenly Father. Although difficult, it is no more than a daily possess…with everlasting reward. Moreover, Alcoholics Anonymous and my Heavenly Father always support my efforts, especially on those days I do not do well.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

WE DON’T CRAWL

"As God's people we stand on our feet; we don't crawl before anyone." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 83

"You didn't choose me. I chose you." John 15:16

For what it's worth: Shame had me crawl into Alcoholics Anonymous. Sure, I tried to hide my pitiful soul, but a tricky bunch of drunks saw right through the window dressing. Alcoholics Anonymous people offered me a drop of hope through their acceptance and sharing. They understood. They were like me. I was no longer alone. I belonged. They introduced me to a merciful, loving God – the One Who chose me - I did not choose Him. I was too sick and insane. As one of His chosen, I need to feel special, not shameful, despite my past, and despite what those of my past may still believe about me. If the shame attacks today, I will remember, "we don't crawl before anyone,"...that includes me.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 3

SPIRITUAL CHANGE

“We were reborn.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 63

"Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit." John 3: 8

For what it’s worth: The term "reborn" sounded “religious” to me, and I had a prejudice toward all things churchlike. Sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous removed the resentment and opened my mind, and now I realize being reborn is a spiritual awakening. In this sense, God has blessed me abundantly. I am not the same man I was. I do not believe I had much to do with it, I can not explain it, and I do not know when it occurred, but the inner turmoil is at peace; there is no rage; denial and defiance disappeared; fears subsided; my mind is sound; and, my soul is no longer empty, but full of hope and gratitude. I am, indeed, reborn of the Spirit. It seems only yesterday I was a worthless drunk.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 4

SALVATION

"When I first came to this Fellowship, I had lost my health and sanity, my friends, much of my family, my self-respect, and my God. In the years since, all of these have been restored to me." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 368

"With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation!” Isaiah 12: 3

For what it’s worth: All hope of salvation was lost as alcoholism eroded all the worth of my being. Nothing would have been saved except for the blessing of sobriety. Although I remained skeptical well into Alcoholics Anonymous, I had nothing to lose and everything to gain, so I stayed sober attending daily meetings. Ever so slowly, I grew to believe God is restoring my worth. Today I see the Great Builder reconstructing my life on a solid foundation and I have hope of eternal joy and peace - never expected and totally undeserved.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 5

GOD’S UNFATHOMABLE LOVE

"What is this power that A.A. possesses? …To me it is God." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 308

"God is awesome. He gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!" Psalm 68:35

For what it’s worth: Alcoholism, mixed with my character defects, brewed a mean, unlovable drunk. Blessedly, and despite my stubborn resistance, a tricky bunch of sober drunks in Alcoholics Anonymous bombarded me with loving care and convinced me I was adored by a Higher Power. Numerous experiences proved to me God knocked down the gates of hell and came in after me; He led me to a piece of heaven in Alcoholics Anonymous; and, He gave me sobriety and peace of mind. God restored much lost to alcoholism. He rescued me many times from life’s tragedies, even from the duress of death. He lifts me up to a level of consciousness of His presence I never believed possible. I have grown to realize the Power in my life is God’s unfathomable love. I am grateful I did not have to earn it, and I try to say thanks as best I can in my daily life. What I treasure most is my Heavenly Father loves me even when I do not love very well.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

FAULT-FINDING

“Argument and fault-finding are to be avoided like the plague.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 98

“Who can say, ‘I have cleansed my heart; I am pure and free from fault?’” Proverbs 20:9

For what it’s worth: During the last years of my active disease, just about everything I did was sick and insane. My behavior was often rude and rotten, my motives were self-serving, and my attitude was usually defiant and hostile. Moreover, I brought those attributes with me into sobriety and recovery. Therefore, how can I justify finding fault with anyone? Of course, I cannot. Yet, I do. I remain quick and proficient at it. Although I work hard at change, I can easily fail. Obviously, I have a long way to grow. Along the way I am grateful that I have found a merciful and patient Higher Power Who has given me two guides, the Bible and the Big Book, to direct me along the right path with Steps leading to spiritual progress, not perfection.

God bless you!
Joe W.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

SLOW TO TRUST

"Then this message came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 'I am the Lord, the
God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?'" Jeremiah 32:26-27 (NLT)

"They had visioned the Great Reality -- their loving and All Powerful Creator." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 161

For what it's worth: Alcohol lost it's magic and left me powerless, nearly dead. Nothing had helped until I finally tried Alcoholics Anonymous, but they were big on God, and, since I had cursed Him, I was extremely anxious. The people in AA fortified me by sharing their loving experiences with God until I was able to ask Him to please help me. His grace has been abundant throughout my years of sobriety. He has taught me through personal experiences that He is my Lord and nothing is too hard for Him. He has rescued me from extreme danger; healed my hurt; soothed my soul; granted me calm in chaos and peace in perdition. I have "visioned the Great Reality", my "loving and all powerful Creator". So, why am I still so slow to trust?

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 8

S0BRIETY AND ITS TREASURES

"We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” 2 Corinthians 4:7 (NLT)

"There had been a humble willingness to have Him with me -- and He came." Alcoholics anonymous, page 12

For what it's worth: Alcohol kept me distant from God, as I wished, and so I believed. I was afraid of God. I had fought Him often, and lost, insanely, over and over again. The anguish of being a loser drove me to Alcoholics Anonymous where I found God had not wished to be distant from me. He welcomed me with loving mercy, guiding me into sobriety and through the Twelve Steps up to a relationship with Him. This new spiritual life is, indeed, a precious treasure, a blessing I never believed possible. Fortunately, I am constantly reminded of my weaknesses and reminded that God's gift of sobriety, with all its treasures, can be smashed by one drink, because I am no more than a worthless drunk. Everything above that is the grace of God.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 9

THE STRONGEST THING ON EARTH

“We can laugh at those who think spirituality the way of weakness.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 68

“We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” 2 Corinthians 4:7

For what it's worth: Spirituality was for the cowardly who were afraid of life. I believed this concoction until alcoholism beat me down to a pitiful excuse of a man, forcing me to my first meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous. I learned the danger of old ideas, impelling me to re-examine my prejudices. Moreover, the people there were certainly not fainthearted. They were confident and secure, and they believed in a Higher Power. As I attended more meetings I came to see for myself these people lived strong, happy lives based on solid spiritual principles. They were, at best, human beings with strength from their God, shining lights to me in my darkest time, sharing a spiritual treasure with my empty soul. They taught me this precious gift is stored in the fragile human that I am, but that it is protected by the Spirit of God. Therefore, when I am in His presence and His will, I am the strongest thing on earth.

God bless you.
Joe W.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 02-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

HARD TO BELIEVE

"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever."
Psalm 16:11 (NLT)

"To watch the eyes of men and women open with wonder as they move from darkness into light, to see their lives quickly fill with new purpose and meaning...and above all to watch these people awaken to the presence of a loving God in their lives -- these things are the substance of what we receive as we carry A.A.'s message to the next alcoholic." Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 110

How it works: There was darkness in my drinking because I did not want God anywhere near me. The agony of His absence demanded relief, leading to a choice of suicide or Alcoholics Anonymous. I chose suicide, but God chose Alcoholics Anonymous. He knew there I would "move from darkness into light", find "purpose and meaning", and "awaken to the presence of a loving God" in my sober life. Not only these undeserved blessings, but this despicable drunk being used to "carry A.A.'s message to the next alcoholic" -- all hard to believe even after years of sobriety.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 11

THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE

"Jesus replied, 'What is impossible with men is possible with God.'" Luke 18:27

"...Step Six is still difficult, but not at all impossible." Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 68

For what it's worth: Sobriety was impossible for this diseased drunk, yet it happened. It seemed to me joy, peace, and the good things in life were impossible to me, yet it happened. Living a spiritual life was impossible, yet it happened. This worthless drunk did not do it. God did it. Today, after 36 years of sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous, applying the Twelve Steps to the best of my ability one day at a time, there are still days when spiritual progress seems impossible. Yet, it is possible because of a gift from a merciful, loving God, Step Six. Despite my defects, weaknesses, and spiritual inadequacies, when I keep begging my Heavenly Father for willingness, He makes the impossible possible.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 12

A POWERFUL LESSON

“We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 84

"Submit to God and be at peace with him.” Job 22:21

For what it's worth: There was no peace, only war. Inside of me the conflict was with me; outside of me with everybody else. I always lost, and I used alcohol to deaden the damage. My Creator must have been watching, knew I was dying, and intervened, guiding me to Alcoholics Anonymous. Once I stopped drinking, I saw and felt the wounds I inflicted on myself and others. Alcoholics Anonymous people told me of a Higher Power who healed their hurt. First, they told me I had to do as they did: stop fighting, surrender my stubborn pride, and turn my will and my life over to God’s care. That was too much…until I was bleeding enough. When I finally stopped resisting, God began treatment immediately. He does most of the work Himself, but, He has referred me out to trusted professionals. During recovery, the Almighty Healer taught me a powerful lesson, keeping me from ever being at war with myself or anyone else, if I practice it: the more I abandon myself to my Heavenly Father in my daily life, the more peace I find each day with myself and others.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 13

THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE

"Jesus replied, 'What is impossible with men is possible with God.'" Luke 18:27

"...Step Six is still difficult, but not at all impossible." Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 68

For what it's worth: Sobriety was impossible for this diseased drunk, yet it happened. It seemed to me joy, peace, and the good things in life were impossible to me, yet it happened. Living a spiritual life was impossible, yet it happened. This worthless drunk did not do it. God did it. Today, after 36 years of sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous, applying the Twelve Steps to the best of my ability one day at a time, there are still days when spiritual progress seems impossible. Yet, it is possible because of a gift from a merciful, loving God, Step Six. Despite my defects, weaknesses, and spiritual inadequacies, when I keep begging my Heavenly Father for willingness, He makes the impossible possible.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 14

A LIGHT FOR LIVING

“We had to find a power by which we could live...” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 45

“My only hope is in your unfailing love and faithfulness.” Psalm 40: 11

For what it’s worth: In my last drinking years, each new day was a dreaded awakening, starting with anxiety and despair. In recovery, each new day is usually a sunrise of hope, welcomed with gratitude and serenity. Sure, some days clouds try to block the sun, but God never fails me - especially on dreary days. Now, this once lost and hopeless drunk knows he is a child of the Heavenly Father, and I have been given the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous to guide me through life. These are the power by which I live, and my trust in my Heavenly Father’s love is my light for living on my dark days.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 15

“WHAT HE HAS DONE”

"I want to keep this life of peace, serenity, and tranquility that I have found." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 199

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done." Psalm 105:1

For what it’s worth: It was inconceivable I could ever experience happiness. I treated God like trash and dumped Him out of my life. I deserved no blessings. Fortunately, being alcoholic, my drinking progressively became a quicksand, and, to survive, I was forced to reach out to Alcoholics Anonymous. I was too insane to realize it then, but my first day in Alcoholics Anonymous was the first day of a “life of peace, serenity, and tranquility”. It did not happen overnight. There were many mountains to climb and many deserts to cross…every one bringing me closer to the source of my joy, the love of God. Today, I hope to share with every one in my little piece of the world about the miracles Alcoholics Anonymous and my loving Heavenly Father work in the life of this undeserving drunk.

God bless you,
Joe W.
Post New ThreadReply