Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 20

We need God in every single moment of our lives.

God's strength > our weaknesses.

"Don't be afraid of tomorrow; God is already there." God made everything. He made the sun and the moon and called it a Day. God created time for man but God is not limited to our comprehension of time. God is already there in your tomorrow; so cast your cares upon Him. He cares for you! James Goll

Life can knock us to the ground sometimes, but God promises us that we don't have to stay there. He equips us through His Word and His power to be more than conquerors! Christine Caine

Although none of us is perfect, our Savior is. We can know that whatever happens, Jesus will never leave us; and knowing this can give us peace.

Jesus goes with us into the unknown.

Whenever God asks us to do something that seems insurmountable, we can take a deep breath of courage, trust God, and begin to work. God will help us to complete whatever we have been called to do.

God is with us to help us through the tough patches. God is the source of our strength to overcome and to win the final victory. God will never abandon us, so we need to continue to walk our life’s path with the Lord. Through faith and prayer, we will overcome. On God’s team, the victory is ours.

In our weakness, Christ is our strength.

START WITH WHAT YOU HAVE as seen in seekyefirstthekingdom.net
How often we limit ourselves by believing that we cannot do something because we don’t have enough influence, enough education, enough money, enough time, etc. We don’t pursue the dreams in our hearts, or make the contributions in our communities or churches, because we think we need more or something before we can start.
I think one of the lessons of the story of Jesus’ miracle of feeding the 5,000 is the process he took to do something tremendous starting with the limited resources he had. John’s account of the story in John 6:11,12 goes, “Then Jesus took the loaves and gave thanks to God, passed them out to the people. Afterwards he did the same with the fish. And everyone ate until full! “Now gather the scraps,” Jesus told his disciples, “so that nothing is wasted.” And twelve baskets were filled with the leftovers.”
The simple steps are 1) Believe 2) Start with what you have 3) Thank God for what you have and what he will do 4) Get started.
Dear Lord Help us remember these simple steps you taught us to follow. Help us remember there is no limit to your power, and therefore no limit to what you can do through us. We thank you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Concerns of The Heart by Sally I. Kennedy
"I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers." (Isaiah 65:24)
Literally, I had no agenda. Many things had been on my mind, though. Several situations I’d been mulling over. A few people that had been especially on my heart. Some unresolved issues stewing in the back corners of my brain.
So, I had no agenda when we went to church for an evening service of refreshing and renewing. I just know that there would be a time to be quiet and be still before the Lord.
With beautiful music in the background, I began to zone out, let my mind wander. As I was still, sitting there, I felt so thankful to be in the presence of the Lord. God began to whisper softly to me, not in an audible voice, but ever so gently. He began addressing one by one the concerns of my heart. Gradually I began to be aware that He was sharing with me direction and answers to these unspoken concerns.
Later, I thought about how amazing God is. Amazing God! Amazing grace! How good to remember that God knows our deepest needs and desires before they are even fully formed in our minds, or on our lips. And, that in His time, the perfect time, He will answer the concerns of our hearts. Even if we have ‘no agenda’.

Just Look Up! By Jessica Campbell
Our high school just had a concert, and we went through a long and trying 2-hour practice the afternoon of a concert. As we sat down to play, this came to mind. Hope you like it . . .
Life is like playing in an orchestra. First, God gives you your instrument and some music, and you sit down to play, but you say, "God, I've never played this piece before! Look at all of those notes! I'll never be able to do it!" But God gets up on the pedestal and holds His baton in His hand. He winks at you and says calmly, "Just follow me."
You say, "But God, that will be too hard ...can't we play this other song? It looks a whole lot easier and a lot more fun to play," but God says, "No, follow MY lead"
Well, you decide that it doesn't matter what God says, you want to play the other song. So, as He raises His baton and begins to conduct, you ignore Him and begin wailing away at the piece you wanted to play. However, it just doesn't quite work. The music doesn't sound beautiful at all, because it's not the way God wanted you to play. After a little more playing and a whole lot more frustration, you realize that it would be better just to listen to your Conductor. So, with a red face you silently search for the piece God wants you to play.
"But God, it looks so hard." But God just smiles caringly and taps the baton on His stand. "No matter what, follow Me. Just look up at Me, and I will lead you," He whispers. So, you begin to play. In the beginning, it seems as though you will never be able to play this piece. All you can see are those notes rushing by. Then you remember what God said . . . "LOOK UP" . . . so you look up and see God carefully counting out the beats for you, and if you listen really carefully, you can hear His Voice humming your part.
The song is the most beautiful song that you have ever heard, and you find that as long as your eyes are fixed on the Conductor, you are able to play along. All you have to do is look up! Sure, some parts are REALLY tough, but as long as you follow the Conductor and listen to His steady rhythm, you can make it through. All you have to do is LOOK UP!

Lost And Found by Don Lipsett
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 – Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (NIV)
Recently, I lost my wedding ring. For over 43 years, it had seldom been off my finger, but at the end of that day, I looked at my hand and felt my stomach knot. Having already been evacuated once this summer by a forest fire, I had spent the day trying to protect our home better by cutting low branches off our evergreen trees and taking trailer loads of branches and fallen needles and cones to the dump. Gloves had been off and on many times. Where had I lost it?
It was the most important ring I owned, but after all, I thought, it was only a ring. But then, I was suddenly deeply reminded of how it symbolized my love for and commitment to my wife, and how it was so much part of our whole relationship. This caused me to think about our marriage and the ups and downs that are part of life and any relationship, and I found myself thinking at a deeper level — a "1 Corinthians 13" level — about my love towards my wife. I'm human; I'm not perfect (ask her!); there have been many times and ways that I've fallen short of what God has said here through the apostle Paul. Perhaps it would do me well to meditate on these words more deeply, more often, and seek His help in living these words better.
As you read this, you may or may not be married, and your experience is different than mine, of course. But married, single, divorced, widowed, young or old, we all have in our lives family and friends with whom we wish and strive to live in a loving relationship. Personally, I've found that this Scripture shouldn't be left to wedding ceremonies only. It is God talking to me and to us about His love and ours — good stuff, important stuff for each day.
P.S. That night in my office, there was my ring on my Bible, where I'd laid it the night before due to aching joints.
Prayer: Father, thank You for Your Word to us. It is wonderful, and it is so practical. Help us to treasure it so much that we live it in our daily lives. Thank You, Father, for the people in our lives whom we love so deeply. Amen.

Friends With God by Billy Graham
God is your friend
There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. — Proverbs 18:24
Think of it: the infinite, all-powerful, holy God of the universe wants to be your friend! This is a staggering truth. He wants you to know Him personally and to discover what it means to walk with Him every day. He wants you to know He is with you, and He wants to have communication with you through His Word and through prayer. He wants to comfort you when you are upset or anxious and to encourage you when you are dejected or depressed. He wants to guide you when you face difficult decisions, and He even wants to correct you when you are about to do something foolish or wrong.
Human friends may fail us, but God never will.
He wants to be our friend and for us to be His friends as well. Once you understand this, your life will never be the same.
Put Here by God
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me. — Psalm 138:8
God created us to be His friends. This was the divine plan right from the beginning, when Adam and Eve were first created — and it had its origin in the love of God.
It was, however, a friendship with a difference. On a human level we usually choose friends who are similar to us — those with like interests or a kindred personality. But God and Adam were not equals. God was the Creator; Adam was the creature. God was limitless; Adam was limited. God was independent; Adam was dependent. But in spite of the vast difference between them, God still wanted Adam and Eve to be His friends.
God’s plan for Adam and Eve is also true for us. God has not changed — and neither has His purpose. We are not here by accident; we are here because God put us here — and He put us here so we could be His friends forever.
Think of it: God wants you to be His friend!

Holy Spirit Meter Reader from Walking with Women through the Word
As a parent, my children view me as an expert on every subject. From their vantage point, I should be able to answer all of their questions. Thankfully, when they were younger, I knew at least enough to satisfy my kid’s curiosity—until Griffin finally stumped me with trucks, bulldozers, and “worker men.”
I admitted my lack of knowledge and asked Griffin if he would research construction equipment with me. Together, we learned the difference between a skid steer and an excavator, a backhoe and a bulldozer, a baler and a harvester. Driving home from preschool one day, he spotted a truck and a “worker man” we hadn’t studied. Thrilled at seeing the man, Griffin instantly bombarded me with questions about who he was and what he was doing.
Fortunately I recognized the truck as a meter reader. (I don’t believe that is the technical name, but it worked for a four-year-old.) He quickly asked, “What does a meter reader do, Mommy?” Trained to think on my feet, I answered without hesitation, “He reads the meter on the house to see how much power the people who live there have used.” He sat back to reflect on this new knowledge, satisfied with my answer.
Griffin may have been content, but the Holy Spirit unsettled me with a question about my own life. If I had a meter to measure the amount of the Holy Spirit’s power that I used today, what would it read?
Let’s look at Ephesians 1:19-20, “I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.” (NLT) Now that is some serious power!
His power enables us to be aware of the enemy and his schemes. Not only that, but the Holy Spirit’s power gives us the ability to overcome Satan and deny sin’s temptations. We are equipped, through God, with a faith to fight whatever is coming against our marriages, our children, our nation, and our calling.
The same power that defeated the enemy at the cross lives in you and me! There are times when we may feel dead in our sin and have no hope of living in freedom. Or a relationship is lifeless and we can’t resuscitate it on our own. Or we missed an opportunity to do kingdom work. In these times, we need to depend on the power of the Holy Spirit and ask Him to resurrect that which appears dead.
We don’t have to face fear, anxiety, struggles, or anything on our own. Indeed, we can’t. The mighty power of God gives us the boldness to proclaim His authority in all areas of our lives and into the world, so all people will see His glory.

MORE THAN AN ARTISAN as seen in Daughters of Promise
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. John 1:1
When I make something, I begin with pre-existing pieces. Make a cake and I have a list of ingredients that already exist. Fashion a piece of pottery and there is clay to mold. I don't make the clay. While I am only an artisan, God is a Creator. He made the earth out of nothing. There was a void for Him to work with except omnipotent power. If He wanted water, He made water where there had been nothingness. Water had never been and didn't even have a name!
This is what makes God ~ God. This is where He excels. He has not changed with time. His power has not diminished. This same creative God of Genesis spoke again through the prophet Isaiah and said, "Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19 Once again, something out of nothing.
Throughout my life, I have stood (and am standing) on this powerful truth in prayer. My Father can bring something about when I see absolutely no evidence that such a thing will ever exist. He can bring reconciliation when there is hatred. He can bring repentance when there is stubborn rebellion. He can bring opportunity when others haven't yet thought of it. He can bring provision when cupboards are empty. He can bring hope to the hopeless and honor to the shamed.
What needs to be created that, as of now, doesn't exist? If we are God's, His power and promises are at work over the expanse of our lives, over the deep and the unseen.
You love to create. I just look at the world and see the glorious detail in all You have made. Speak Your Word over my life and bring into existence what is not yet there yet. When it appears, I will fall to my knees in worship. Amen

The Bend in the Road by Helen Steiner Rice
Sometimes we come to life's crossroads
And we view what we think is the end.
But God has a much wider vision
And he knows that it's only a bend-
The road will go on and get smoother
And after we've stopped for a rest,
The path that lies hidden beyond us
Is often the path that is best.
So rest and relax and grow stronger,
Let go and let God share your load
And have faith in a brighter tomorrow-
You've just come to a bend in the road.

When you are in troubled and worried and sick at heart
And your plans are upset and your world falls apart,
Remember God's ready and waiting to share
The burden you find much to heavy to bear--
So with faith, "Let Go and Let GOD" lead your way
Into a brighter and less troubled day
Helen Steiner Rice

Psalm 40:1-2 "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

1 Chronicles 16:11 – Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12

Psalm 23:4 – Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (NKJV)

Isaiah 41:13 – For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you." (NKJV)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. -- Matthew 11:28-30

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. -- Zephaniah 3:17

Ephesians 4:29 – Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

God, Go Ahead of Me Timothy Jackson, Jr.
“Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose his own soul?"' Luke 9:23-25
One night, my wife and I were in the mall needing to make some returns to a couple of stores. It was near closing time when we left the first store and the other store was on the other end of the mall. As we began to walk to the next store, my wife said, “Tim, go ahead of me to the store because you can get there faster and I will come behind you.” Knowing that my legs are longer and that I could get there faster, she left it up to me to do what needed to be done while she followed close behind.
There are times in our lives in which following God can be difficult for a variety of reasons. Not knowing exactly what He is doing makes following difficult. Not knowing why He is asking us to do something makes following difficult. Being unaware of the future of something makes following difficult. The list of times when following God is sometimes difficult can be endless. During these times, we sometimes want to walk ahead of God and do things "our way". However, we must recognize that God’s legs, heart, and love for us are longer and greater than what we could ever have. Knowing this and that God knows exactly what He is doing and exactly where we are, we must have the courage to let Him walk ahead of us and do what needs to be done while we follow close behind.
Prayer: “God, forgive me when I get ahead of you. Go ahead of me. Guide me. Direct me. Prepare the way for me. Lead me, Father and I will follow”

Lord, take me where
You want me to go;
let me meet who
You want me to meet;
tell me what
You want me to say; and
keep me out of Your way.
~Fr. Mychal Judge, OFM
"the Saint of 9/11"

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 78
1 Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth. 2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: 3 Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. 4 We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done. 5 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: 6 That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: 7 That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: 8 And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God. 9 The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle. 10 They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law; 11 And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them. 12 Marvellous things did he in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan. 13 He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through; and he made the waters to stand as an heap. 14 In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire. 15 He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths. 16 He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers. 17 And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness. 18 And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. 19 Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness? 20 Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people? 21 Therefore the Lord heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel; 22 Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation: 23 Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven, 24 And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven. 25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full. 26 He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven: and by his power he brought in the south wind. 27 He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea: 28 And he let it fall in the midst of their camp, round about their habitations. 29 So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire; 30 They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths, 31 The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel. 32 For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works. 33 Therefore their days did he consume in vanity, and their years in trouble. 34 When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God. 35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer. 36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues. 37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant. 38 But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath. 39 For he remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again. 40 How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert! 41 Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel. 42 They remembered not his hand, nor the day when he delivered them from the enemy. 43 How he had wrought his signs in Egypt, and his wonders in the field of Zoan. 44 And had turned their rivers into blood; and their floods, that they could not drink. 45 He sent divers sorts of flies among them, which devoured them; and frogs, which destroyed them. 46 He gave also their increase unto the caterpiller, and their labour unto the locust. 47 He destroyed their vines with hail, and their sycomore trees with frost. 48 He gave up their cattle also to the hail, and their flocks to hot thunderbolts. 49 He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them. 50 He made a way to his anger; he spared not their soul from death, but gave their life over to the pestilence; 51 And smote all the firstborn in Egypt; the chief of their strength in the tabernacles of Ham: 52 But made his own people to go forth like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock. 53 And he led them on safely, so that they feared not: but the sea overwhelmed their enemies. 54 And he brought them to the border of his sanctuary, even to this mountain, which his right hand had purchased. 55 He cast out the heathen also before them, and divided them an inheritance by line, and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents. 56 Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies: 57 But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: they were turned aside like a deceitful bow. 58 For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images. 59 When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel: 60 So that he forsook the tabernacle of Shiloh, the tent which he placed among men; 61 And delivered his strength into captivity, and his glory into the enemy's hand. 62 He gave his people over also unto the sword; and was wroth with his inheritance. 63 The fire consumed their young men; and their maidens were not given to marriage. 64 Their priests fell by the sword; and their widows made no lamentation. 65 Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine. 66 And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetual reproach. 67 Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim: 68 But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved. 69 And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever. 70 He chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds: 71 From following the ewes great with young he brought him to feed Jacob his people, and Israel his inheritance. 72 So he fed them according to the integrity of his heart; and guided them by the skillfulness of his hands.

Thank you, Jesus, for never leaving us or forsaking us. Thank you for loving and rescuing us when we cry out to you. Help us to encourage others as they seek to grow in faith and know you more fully. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply