Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Spiritual Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
Spiritual Engineer

Default Tomorrow’s dread is not real today

Worry and anxiety about tomorrow devastate today’s serenity. We start focusing on the future, thinking something “might” happen and it will have the worst possible outcome. Our fear-driven thoughts develop into an obsession that makes it impossible to feel peace in this moment. When this happens, we can stay unsettled or we can change.

We can choose not to get out of the misery and ask for the “God within” to change our thinking and our attitude. We admit that our apprehension is not based on real, concrete problems but on scary possibilities. We ask our self:

Is this situation:
1.really our responsibility?
2.truly an immediate threat to our well-being?
3.actually very likely to occur?
4.likely to turn out as bad as our anxiety makes it appear?

Then, we make a gratitude list, read or listen to something uplifting, take a walk and actually notice something beautiful, and look for someone to be nice to—we open a door or carry a package for a stranger; we call a loved one or friend and tell them how important they are in our life. Illusionary fears cannot stand against loving actions, positive attitudes and our inner spiritual power.

Prayer: Dear Spirit, direct my mind, transform my thinking and attitude so that I can release all these self-imposed fears that are hurting me today. Help me understand what actions I can take to melt my anxiety; give me the will and the strength to follow your guidance and actually do what is in front of me to do.

Take three relaxing breaths; ask your inner spirit to guide your meditation; reflect on the content, pausing for a few minutes in silence.
Spiritual Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiritual Engineer For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply