Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2018, 06:32 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

January 19

Consciousness
Leaving aside the drink question, they tell why living was so unsatisfactory.
They show how the change came over them. When many hundreds of people are able
to say that the consciousness of the Presence of God is today the most important
fact of their lives, they present a powerful reason why one should have faith.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 51

Thought to Ponder
Hope leads to faith if you let it.

AA-related 'Alconym'
F A I T H = Found Always In Trusting Him.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Choice

The fact is that most alcoholics,
for reasons yet obscure,
have lost the power of choice in drink.
Our so-called will power becomes practically nonexistent.
We are unable, at certain times,
to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force
the memory of the suffering and humiliation
of even a week or a month ago.
We are without defense against the first drink.
c. 1976, 2001 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 24

Thought to Consider . . .
Just for today, I choose not to drink.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*

A A = Absolute Abstinence

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Diverse
From "What We Need Each Other":
For years, whenever I reflected on Tradition Three ('The only requirement for A.A. membership is a desire to stop
drinking'), I thought it valuable only to newcomers. It was their guarantee that no one could bar them from A.A. Today I
feel enduring gratitude for the spiritual development the Tradition has brought me. Charlotte, the atheist, showed me
higher standards of ethics and honor; Clay, of another race, taught me patience; Winslow, who is gay, led me by
example into true compassion; Young Megan says that seeing me at meetings, sober thirty years, keeps her coming
back. Tradition Three insured that we would get what we need each other."
1990 AAWS, Inc.; Daily Reflections, pg. 33

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"I am responsible for reporting for duty and making the effort to overcome adversity, and in so doing to overcome
myself."
Van Nuys,Calif., November 1966
"Responsibility Is the Name of the Game,"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crisis we could not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly
face the proposition that either God is everything or else He is nothing. God either is, or He isn't. What was our choice to
be? Pg. 53 - We Agnostics

"It is plain that a life which includes deep resentment leads only to
futility and unhappiness. To the precise extent that we permit
these, do we squander the hours that might have been worth while."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 66

I explained what a wonderful Fellowship we had, how well we understood each other.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 152

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Disagreeable or unexpected problems are not the only ones that call for self-control. We must be quite as careful when
we begin to achieve some measure of importance and material success. For no people have ever loved personal
triumphs more than we have loved them; we drank of success as of a wine which could never fail to make us-feel
elated. Blinded by prideful self-confidence, we were apt to play the big shot.
Now that we're in A.A. and sober, winning back the esteem of our friends and business associates, we find that we still
need to exercise special vigilance. As an insurance against the dangers of big-shot-ism, we can often check ourselves
by remembering that we are today sober only by the grace of God and that any success we may be having is far more
His success than ours.

Prayer for the Day: Accepting Every Task - Dear God, Help me find the strength to be effective and accept
responsibility. I am asking YOU for the strength I need each day. You have proven in countless lives that for very day I
live, YOU will give me that necessary power. I must face every challenge that comes to me during the day sure that
YOU will give me the strength to face it. I pray that I may accept every task as a challenge. I know I can't wholly fail if you
are with me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply