Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 21

"Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:" Jeremiah 32:17

Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:3

Psalm 121:1-2, ESV "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth."

Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. - 1 Peter 4:8

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Today’s Scripture: 2 Samuel 22:2-3 (NLT): He sang: “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.

Today’s Thought: When you are going through a hard situation, praising God changes everything! We need to praise Him regardless of our circumstances.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You teach me to praise You no matter what I’m going through. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. —1 Peter 5:7
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 22

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Proverbs 24:16, NIV "though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again."

(15) But I have trusted in You, Lord. I said: “You are my God.” (16) My times are in Your hands… Psalms 31:15-16a

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. —Ephesians 2:10

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. – 1 Peter 3:9
Old 05-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #34
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 23

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. - Psalm 91:4

(19) Know this, my dear brothers and sisters: let every person be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger – (20) for human anger doesn’t produce the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

By experience I have found this verse to be very true. As the text indicates, the best way to avoid the highly toxic, destructive and regrettable results of hotly expressed anger is to control my tongue and not speak. I have discovered that if I wait until the surge of anger has calmed down or disappeared to respond to high stress and combative situations, the quality of my response is much more productive with less stress and less mess to clean up. Daily Nosh

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. Habakkuk 3:17-18

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy — to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. —Jude 24-25

Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out. — Proverbs 17:14

1 Corinthians 2:12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #35
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 24

The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. - Psalm 69:32

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. – Hebrews 1:3

Matthew 16:16 (NLT): Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

The highway of the upright avoids evil; he who guards his way guards his life. — Proverbs 16:17

Genesis 8:21-22
The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

“As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”

Genesis 9:13
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

Genesis 9:16
Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
Old 05-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #37
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 25

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

"...be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58

John 8:12, ESV "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 1 Corinthians 1:9

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. —Jeremiah 29:13
Old 05-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #38
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 26

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Romans 13:12, ESV "The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light."

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

(13) Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist when times are evil, and after you have done everything to stand firm. (14) Stand firm then!... Ephesians 6:13-14a

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1
Old 05-27-2017, 06:48 AM   #39
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 27

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

"...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." Acts 16:31

Isaiah 43:25, ESV "I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins."

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. - Romans 12:10

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. —Isaiah 40:28-29
Old 05-28-2017, 05:13 AM   #40
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 28

"How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you." 2 Samuel 7:22

"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Ephesians 1:10, TLB "and this was his purpose: that when the time is ripe he will gather us all together from wherever we are – in heaven or on earth – to be with him in Christ forever. "

You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 1 Thessalonians 5:5–6

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. – 1 Corinthians 13:6-7
Old 05-29-2017, 07:03 AM   #41
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 29

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

"...If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. —Galatians 5:25

But God’s mercy is so abundant, and his love for us is so great, that while we were spiritually dead in our disobedience he brought us to life with Christ. It is by God’s grace that you have been saved. In our union with Christ Jesus he raised us up with him to rule with him in the heavenly world. Ephesians 2:4–6

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. - John 15:13
Old 05-30-2017, 08:34 AM   #42
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 29

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26

Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. Psalm 103:1–3

Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. - Ephesians 4:2

As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of the many-sided grace of God. I Peter 4:10

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. —Galatians 2:20
Old 05-31-2017, 09:13 AM   #44
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 31

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever - Psalm 23:6

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. —Isaiah 40:30-31

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. — Psalm 34:10
Post New ThreadReply