Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 5

An Old American Prayer for the Work Day

Almighty God, thank Thee for the job of this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer Thee the praise of work well done. Amen. ~ Bishop Charles Lewis Slattery, 1903

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Lord, I thank you for your steadfastness. You will never leave me nor forsake me. You are always with me. You sent the Holy Spirit to be my Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Teacher and Guide. I resist fear; I will not be dismayed because you uphold me with your victorious right hand in the name of Jesus.

PRAYER Rx --- February 5

Dear Lord, "I asked for riches, that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise." ... As I am forced to deal with the situation in which I find myself, I realize that I have often learned more in poverty, how to relate to more people in need, both physically and spiritually, than I would have if I only associated with wealthy friends. ... When I suffered unemployment, lack of funds, worry and illness, it was then that I realized that I needed Your help. I needed Your strength, Your encouragement, and the prayers of Christian friends. ... Through these setbacks, I learned to feel another's suffering and pain. ... Oh Lord, in my adversity, You have been my Rock. Help me to encourage others in their times of need, and to share what I have learned, that You are indeed sufficient in times of trouble!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Heavenly Father, I pray that I may not let pride keep me down when it may be mine to be carried to the heights. With tenderness take me out of myself, that I may see how pride deceives, and destroys an humble spirit. Help me to master both stubbornness and pride. Amen.

For Healing

Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever. Amen.

Dear Father, I am thankful that You care about the practical matters in this life. Lord, I am asking for Your wisdom and guidance in our financial affairs, as well as all areas of our lives. Father, I ask You to be Lord over our finances. I am asking that You help my husband and I to put all of our financial affairs in divine order. I ask for a generous heart to give when You tell me to give, but I also ask for wisdom and grace to restrain from giving, when I should not give to certain individuals. You know my heart, please remove the wrong ideas I might have in the area of finances and let me have the mind of Christ in all of our financial dealings with others. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply