Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

Prayer for the Day (inspired by Jane Austen)

Give me grace Almighty Father, so to pray, as to deserve to be heard, to address you with my heart, as with my lips. You are everywhere present, from you no secret can be hidden. May the knowledge of this, teach me to fix my thoughts on you, with reverence and devotion, that I may not pray in vain.

May I now, and on each return of morning, consider how I will spend the day ahead; what thoughts will prevail in my mind? What words will I speak? Will my actions reflect your will, or my own? How far can I acquit myself of evil, and live in the goodness and beauty of my Lord Christ?

Will I think irreverently of you? Will I disobey your commandments? Will I neglect and make excuses for any known duty, or willingly given pain to any human being? Incline me to ask my heart these questions oh! God, throughout the day, to save me from deceiving myself by pride or vanity.

And give me always a thankful sense of the blessings in which I live, of the many comforts of my lot; that I may not deserve to lose them by discontent or indifference. Hear me almighty God, for his sake who has redeemed me, and taught me thus to pray. Amen.

For Persistence

The little plans I tried to carry
Have failed
O' Dear God.
But, I will not sorrow
I will pause a little while
And try again tomorrow.
Amen.

~ Anushree Karnani

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Praying for Others

Lord, even though others misunderstand and talk about me, I will keep right on praying for them. Thank you for giving me the strength to love my enemies, to do good to those who hate me. I ask you to bless those who have hurt me, and pray for their happiness. For now is the time—you are bending down to hear! You are ready with a plentiful supply of love and kindness. Thank you for answering my prayer, for your loving kindness is wonderful; your mercy is so plentiful, so tender and so kind. Nothing – no activity, work, or relationship – has meaning without you as the center of my life. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, "I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life; I was given life, that I might enjoy all things!" ... Forgive us each, Lord, for too often concentrating on what we don't have, and taking for granted what we do have! ... Help me to resolve to start each day counting my blessings: (1) Any day I can get out of bed is a plus, and I thank You, Lord; (2) If I can't get out of bed, I thank You for a bed in which to rest; (3) I thank You for family and friends; (4) If I have neither family nor friends, I thank you for those who lend me a helping hand; (5) I thank You, Lord, for the beauties of nature around me -- sunrises, sunsets, mountains or plains, country or city parks, flowers and bird songs -- for beauty is often in the eye of the beholder, and help me to be sensitive to Your gift of creation; (6) Thank You for my daily work, and if I am seeking employment, help me not to be above taking temporary employment while seeking Your guidance. ... Oh Lord, help me, while waiting, to learn to enjoy the moment, and to praise You even then.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

© 1996 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13b-14, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, living source of all that is eternal in us, we come to you and plead with you to strengthen the gifts you have given us. Grant us the light of life in which we can walk in spite of the many burdens and uncertainties of our earthly life. Protect us from deception and disappointment. Strengthen our hope for your steadfast, firm, and eternal rule in us, in many others, and finally in all men. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for all you have done. Please guide me in this day as I face the unknown. Please help me make the best choices for the path that lies ahead.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply