Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 19

Martin Luther's Prayer for Morning

I give thanks to you, heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have protected me through the night from all danger and harm. I ask you to preserve and keep me, this day also, from all sin and evil, that in all my thoughts, words, and deeds I may serve and please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all that is mine. Let your holy angels have charge of me, that the wicked one have no power over me. Amen.

Meditation

[Let us close our eyes for a minute and meditate on how God preserves us from evil.]

Prayer for One's Home

Peace, unto this house, I pray,
Keep terror and despair away;
Shield it from evil and let sin
Never find lodging room within.
May never in these walls be heard
The hateful or accusing word.

Grant that its warm and mellow light
May be to all a beacon bright,
A flaming symbol that shall stir
The beating pulse of him or her
Who finds this door and seems to say,
“Here end the trials of the day.“

Hold us together, gentle Lord,
Who sit about this humble board;
May we be spared the cruel fate
Of those whom hatreds separate;
Here let love bind us fast, that we
May know the joys of unity.

Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy love and let Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place.
Amen.
by Edgar Guest

Finally, let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Life and Health

Father, I make my schedule around the reading and study of your Word – I meditate and keep your thoughts ever in mind; letting them penetrate deep within my heart. Your Word means real life for me, and radiant health. Your word dwells in me richly, and I avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to be my Helper and Teacher. In the name of Jesus I release all the cares of this life upon you, for you care for me and provide for me abundantly. Amen.

God our Father, I thank you today for those people whom I will never know who make my life better for what they offer - those far away, and those very near. More and more may I come to appreciate and respect everyone who is a part of my life. Amen.

Value of Interdependence

Romans 12:3-8

Dear Father, who wills our interdependence,

Having gifts that differ, let us use them appropriately according to your will.
If prophesy, in proportion to one's faith. If service, diligently serving. If teaching, instructively teaching. If exhortation, strongly motivating encouragement. If giving, with liberal and generous contributions. If giving aid, with zeal. If acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
Great Giver, give your gifts to your people through your people. But let us always give you the glory! Praise to you, our Lord.
It is in the name of Jesus, who shares all spiritual blessings with us, we ask for a growing love among all your people. Amen.

“A Prayer For A Faithful Finish”

Father, all the goals and strategies that I set for my life culminate in the blessing of knowing that as I press on I will eventually hear You say to me, “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary….I will give the right to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.” You grant the eternal prize for remaining steadfast and faithful in my walk on earth. Others in this world may earn titles and win prizes for worthy earthly pursuits, but the greatest prize that I will ever obtain is my entrance into heaven where I will see you face to face. And amazingly it was not because I earned it but because of Your merciful pardon of my sin. May my outlook be bright today as I fix my heart not on what is seen but on that which is unseen. I run toward the finishing line which will only be visible as I cross over to heaven. I thank You for Jesus who made it possible and it is in His name that I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to understand that I may not be able to change the world, but I can change the world for one person.

Thus we have come to know and believe the love which God has for us. God is love; he who dwells in love is dwelling in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16, NEB

Lord our God, we come to you as poor, heavily burdened people who often do not know where to turn. But we have trust in you, for you are love. Your love penetrates deep into our lives, righting what is wrong and making amends for our blundering. And so we are joyful and await your grace and your help on all our ways. Bless us, and help us find what is right in every situation, to your praise and your honor. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply