Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 20

What a Great Morning

Holy God, thank you for giving me another morning! I am lucky to be alive on your beautiful planet, so full of marvelous things and the beautiful plants and animals and all the people you have created in your image. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, now and all day long, until I go to sleep, because I want to live with you every minute of this day.

The time and opportunities I have right now will never return, so help me make the best of it, Lord. And let me remember this one thing: You know what you are doing, whether I can see it or not; so I will try to remember today that you are in charge, that you put me here for a reason and that, by your grace, things will turn out with your triumph and the Kingdom of Heaven, for all those who live by your grace. All praise to you forever, Amen.

Meditation

[Let us close our eyes for a minute and meditate on God being in charge.]

For the Clergy and All Who Minister in Christ’s Name

Almighty God, the giver of all good gifts, in your divine providence you have appointed various orders in your Church: Give your grace, I humbly pray, to all who are called to any office and ministry for your people; and so fill them with the truth of your doctrine and clothe them with holiness of life, that they may faithfully serve before you, to the glory of your great Name and for the benefit of the church of all faithful people, now and until the end of days. Amen.

Holy God, I pray to be filled with your Holy Spirit for the rest of this day. Let me go forth, walking with your Spirit in my heart, that I may be filled with the joy and energy and praise for your entire creation, thankful in the many gifts you have given me, and showing forth your light in my every word and deed. This I pray in Christ's name, Amen.

Jesus is Lord

Jesus, you are my LORD. You are my light and my salvation, I shall not be afraid. You are my sufficiency, my Redeemer, Provider, Sanctifier, Protector, Healer and Victory! You are El Shaddai. You are more than enough for every challenge I face, for every decision I must make, for the questions I need answered, for the adjustments I need to make. You are everything to me, my Lord and Savior. I trust you – lean and rely on you. LORD, you are good; my refuge and counsel are in you. Amen.

God our Father, we pray that we may grow in such a way as to be welcoming to other people, and generous in every way to those people we don’t agree with. Lead us to appreciate others in the same way that we would like to be appreciated. Never let us look down on others, or consider anyone to be less than ourselves. Show us how to be open-minded and able to learn from each other so that, together, we may grow as the people you invite us to be. Amen.

“A Prayer For Seed Planters”

Father, help us to remain faithful in planting Your seed of salvation to those who have not yet bowed their knee, to those who have not yet confessed with their tongue that Jesus Christ is Lord. Whenever we open our mouths, may words be given to us so that we will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel to those who have not yet heard. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. Proverbs 3:11-12, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that in spite of all the evil, we may look toward the good and toward a change for the better. For your love, your Spirit of love, can be with us. In spite of all that has gone wrong, we can change. Through genuine faith we can become worthy in your sight. Everything can turn to the good. The nations can become glad, rejoicing in life because you are working among them to help them change. Amen.

Dear Lord, Please grant me peace so I can face the day with a clear mind and calm heart.

Prayer for Friends

You have created us to live in community,
O God of love;
bless our friends who provide us
with the grace and love of an extended family.
Endow them with the riches of your blessings:
good health, sight, and mobility,
that they may enjoy the wonders of your creation
and share their delight with others.
Bless them with keen minds and compassionate hearts
that they may create a better life for all.
Guard them from injustice, oppression, and evil
that they may know freedom and hope lifelong.
In their waking and in their sleeping,
in their laughter and in their tears,
surround them with your love
until the end of their days;
and so bring them to eternal life in peace.
Through Jesus Christ, our Savior.
Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson

Dear Father, I am blessed today to be one of Your children. I appreciate Your handiwork in all that You have created. I stand in awe that You made it all for mankind so that they might enjoy it and be blessed in it. Thank you for the beauty of the mountains, the glorious sunsets and the blue skies with those patches of little white clouds on a nice day. Thank you that I have eyes to see all of Your great artistic work in the creation of the earth. Lord, forgive me when I am tempted to complain about anything. I really have nothing to complain about when I have the Creator of the whole universe as my Father and friend. May I be a good friend to You and serve You faithfully every day of my life. Use me today to bless and help others. I ask this in Your Son's name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Praising The Lord”

Father, from the time we awaken to the time we lie down we declare that You are worthy to be praised! Your name is exalted far above the earth, Your worth much greater than any jewels. Help us not to be people who use the same tongue for cursing and praises. Instead we engage our mind, surrender our hearts and employ our tongue to praise You, our Lord and Father. Be glorified in our lives so that we bring praise and glory to You this day and each day. Amen.

Give Us Grateful Hearts
Give us grateful hearts, O Father,
for all thy mercies, and
make us mindful of the needs of others;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply