Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 21

Prayer of St. Jerome

Lord, thou hast given us thy Word for a light to shine upon our path; grant us so to meditate on that Word, and to follow its teaching, that we may find in it the light that shines more and more until the perfect day; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer of Resolve

I bind myself to you this day, oh Christ, in your truth and in your sacrifice. I give to you my anxiety and my fear, my depression and my doubt, for you have promised to take them if we only ask; and I take upon myself your burden, for it is light and your way is gentle. May I keep this in my heart and mind all this day. Amen.

Spiritual Armor

In the name of Jesus, I arm myself with the full armor of God; armor, which God has supplied for me…the helmet of salvation…loins girded with truth…feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace…the shield of faith…and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. With God’s armor on, I am able to stand up against all the strategies, deceits and fiery darts of the devil. I am more than a conqueror through him who loves me. Amen.

Living in Harmony

Romans 12:16-21

Dear Father, God of the lowly,

Help me live in harmony with others - without haughtiness, without conceit, willing to associate with the lowly.

Help me to repay no one evil for evil, but to take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.

As far as it depends on me, let me live peaceably with everyone.

Let me seek no revenge for myself, but leave it to your wrath, O God. Help me, Father, not to be overcome with evil, but to overcome evil with good.

In the name and authority of Jesus I boldly come, asking these things according to his will. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Give me the wisdom to know that even if I am on the right path I won't go anywhere if I don't move.

Dear Father, I bless Your wonderful name! Thank you that You have been merciful and patient with me, as I have failed You many times, and yet, You heard my prayers of repentance and have kept me in Your favor. I love you, Lord. Help me to continue in Your way, even when it is hard at times. I know the devil's way is harder. When we have You, we can overcome anything. Lord, bless Your people today and forgive us all. Keep us from the wicked one and let us remember that the Greater One lives in us, so we are never to fear the enemy. Thank you for giving us all overcoming faith. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply