Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Hear God through His Word

Hear God through His Word

Establish Your word and confirm Your promise to Your servant, which is for those who reverently fear and devotedly worship You. —Psalm 119:38

God speaks to us through His Word and His Word is designed to help us, direct us, and encourage us in our everyday lives. We can hear His voice in every situation because we can find Bible verses or passages to pray in various circumstances. At times, we can find verses or passages that give us remarkable specific, detailed direction and at other times we need to take a nugget of wisdom or a general spiritual principle and apply it to the matter with which we are dealing.

For example, listed below are several common, specific circumstances and emotions with which the enemy threatens us and corresponding verses to pray in each case.

When you or someone you love is sick, you can pray the last phrase of Exodus 15:26 - "I am the Lord Who heals you."
When you are going through a season of difficulty or something that is wearing you out, you can pray Isaiah 40:29 - "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength" ( NKJV ).
When you are concerned about the future, you can pray Jeremiah 31:17, which says, "There is hope for your future."
When you are struggling financially, you can pray Psalm 34:9, 10, which says, "Oh, fear the LORD , you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing " ( NKJV ).

I truly believe that God's Word holds the answer to every question we have and the wisdom to meet every need. I have diligently studied the Word of God for more than thirty years and I honestly love it with all of my heart.

From the book Hearing from God Each Morning: 365 Daily Devotions by Joyce Meyer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply