Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Trust -or- Suspicious

"Remember, there are no mistakes, only lessons.
Love yourself, trust your choices, and everything
is possible." - - Cherie-Carter Scotts

Have a lot of trust in my Higher Power, although lately, I have been suspicious of some of His choices. Which means, look at yourself and look see where you screwed up.

Over the years I had trouble trusting doctors. My doctor was my supplier for years. I had to switch doctors. I also had to get honest with my doctor, it wasn't always about him.

It is ironic how one doctor can see how in touch with my body that I am while the other one completely ignores me and says, "Pain doesn't matter, it tells you nothing, take a pill."

I do trust my instincts on most days. When I was in so much pain, and as it got worse, I started doubting myself. When that happened, I had to go and spend more time with my God.

On the whole, I am a very trusting person. Probably because I trusted too easy, that I got hurt often. I set myself up, wanting to believe the best in people, instead of looking for the bad, I try to see and find the good.

Once I have been knocked down a time or two, I tend to be a little more suspicious of the person's motives and intent.

I need to trust myself to be patient and tolerant of others. I need to trust myself. If I don't trust myself, I am not trusting my God. If I invite my God into my day and ask Him to direct my day, how can I go wrong? Do I say, "Are You sure about this?" Or perhaps, I should say, "Do you remember the last time I tried this?" He would probably reply, "Yes, but you didn't listen then either!"

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply