Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
What do I consider most important in my life?

What situation in my life do I feel the most joy or the most sadness about?

When do I feel the most calm and serene?

How do I use the Serenity Prayer in my daily life?

What about myself am I embarrassed or ashamed to tell another person or even my Higher Power?
Most important for me is to be healthy and to walk my talk.

The Third and Fifth Traditions give me a reason for living in today and I believe I need to give back what was given to me.

Family and friends are important, but if I don't take care of myself and fill me up, I have nothing to give to others that has real substance and value.

One of the joys in today for me is a new connection with a long-time friend who I went through treatment with fourteen years ago.

What makes me sad is that the first fellow I had coffee with who was also in a near by treatment center is still out there using.

In my own life, I have a lot to be grateful. I don't have a lot of 'stuff' but I have been truly blessed by this program.

Normally I can find that space on a regular basis but due to the chaos in my life and my living conditions, it is not as serene as I would like it.

Music, candles, friends and fellowship with the God of my understanding helps me to be balanced and centered and at peace with myself and others.

It was good to know that you can't wear this prayer out when I was in early recovery. I still say it many times a day, and for me in the moment, it is learning to have the wisdom to know the difference.

As they say, in all times of emotional stress say:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

My biggest shame is not giving and being enough.

LOVE THE SKIN YOUR IN!
The thing I like about the Serenity Prayer is that it works and you can't wear it out, no matter how many times you say it. What I did find was that I was saying it over and over, and forgetting to leave the prayer in my God's Hands, which shows a lack of faith and trust that He will answer.

It says pray without ceasing, but not sure it means saying the same prayer, over and over again, especially if it is for the same thing. Yet having said that, there have been times, when it was the only thing that grounded and centered me to get through what I needed to do, to get through the moment, the hour, the day.

It helps me to just be.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 01-25-2016 at 07:31 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply