Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 31

To Walk in the Spirit Today

Holy God, in the daily journey from sunrise to sunset, remind me always of your holy presence hovering near, both within me to guide me, and surrounding me to protect me. Free me from shame and self-doubt; and help me, and all of my fellow believers, to see the myriad opportunities to walk our path in the courage, honesty, and wisdom inspired by your Holy Spirit. Amen.

For Those with Disabilities

Dear heavenly Father, my thoughts and prayers are with all who have lost the use of their body or mind, in some important way: those of us who cannot move, those who cannot walk, who cannot see or hear, whose minds are not clear: for all of us who have lost some function that others of us take for granted. And I count myself among them, for who among us will not face such tribulations as we grow older?

I pray that those of us so afflicted may know you, Lord Christ, and that your Holy Spirit may be strong in us, to give us comfort in the inconvenience, the frustration, and often the embarrassment we might suffer. Heal us, where it is your will, Lord; and for those of us who cannot be healed, let us know with complete confidence that we are truly whole. Bring to all of your children full comprehension of the freedom and joy that await us, after the short trial of this life is ended, and we all come to perfection together. Amen.

Meditation

[Let me be confident that I am whole before God, no matter what I suffer in my body and mind on earth.]

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to accept the fact that life is often filled with trials -- earthquakes, floods, fires, tornadoes, lay-offs, accidents, sickness, and loss of loved ones, interspersed with times of joy, gentle love, helping hands, quiet peace, and indomitable hope! ... Help me to remember that others have faced similar problems, and found You. Let my faith never falter, for in the midst of my adversities You are there. ... Let me resolve to put my hand in Yours, for You have said that You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.* ... New opportunities will come, new doors will open. The sun will shine again! ... Help me to trust You all the way, and to be ready.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

*(See John 14:6)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Merciful and just God, I pray that I may regulate my life by thy standards and conform my life to thy laws, that thy goodness and mercy may not be wasted on me. Help me to bear in mind, that willingness is the power that starts the hands to work. May I have thy presence while I wait in quietness, that I may be helped through the anxious moments. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful that You hear us when we pray, and I know that You will answer those prayers that I pray that are according to Your will. Lord, I know that what You have stated in Your Word is Your will, so I can confidently ask You for those things, and You will not turn me down. Help me not to waver in faith when I pray, but believe in Your goodness and willingness to answer all that I ask in Your Son, Jesus' name. Lord, deliver me from all unrighteousness, and grant me grace to keep Your commandments. Give me the desire to study Your Word more, so that I know how to pray. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father, Thank you for this beautiful day. As I breath in the fresh air, please help me never forget that each day is a gift.

“A Prayer Of Praise For God’s Faithfulness”

Father, Your order of the universe is ever dependable and precise, never reliant on the will nor power of the humans You created. The morning also brings us word of Your unfailing love, and especially so for those who put their trust in You. We seek to be unwavering in our faith and confident in Your plans for our life as we stand on Your unending promises. Even as we daily experience Your goodness and faithfulness we will be sustained by Your constant presence and guidance in our life since You promise never to leave nor forsake us. We rejoice in Your loving kindness as we experience Your tender compassions daily. It is because of Your unceasing mercy that we are not consumed, but rather we are saved through the finished work of Jesus Christ. Your faithfulness enables us to rest in Your unfailing love; we are restored by Your forgiveness; we are rescued from our folly; and we are reminded that You will fulfill Your purpose in our lives through Your eternal, enduring love. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply