Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Trust God and Be Patient

Your Daily Inspiration

The other day, my son asked me a simple request and I told him “yes”. Although days passed till the day of the actual fulfillment of his request, he never once doubted that I would do as I said. He simply took my words at face value and trusted that I, as his Mommy, would hold true to my promise to him.

As with most things, it wasn’t until days later that I started to correlate that encounter with my son with my own relationship with God. As His child, He promises so many good things to me but I sometimes fail to realize that when I am deep in worry over something that concerns me. As I really started to dissect my conversation with my son and the way he reacted during the days till I fulfilled his request, flashes of my own relationship with God with regards to His promises to me started to come to focus. And it led me to wonder, really, really wonder, why I sometimes didn’t take Him fully at His Word? Why did I, despite knowing that He is ever-faithful, sometimes doubt His promises towards me?

One of my favorite chapters in the Bible is Psalm 119. Readily, I admit that the reading of that chapter can be intimidating because of its sheer length, but if you take the time to truly dig in and mediate on what has been written this psalm it will change your life. The reason I say that is because this psalm really speaks to the heart of God’s Word and the utter deliciousness of it. The psalmist soaked in the Word of God and celebrated the truthfulness of it. Encompassed in His Word is instructions on how to live this life, but there are also promises laced throughout that gives us the encouragement we need during life’s many speed bumps. We need both.

How grateful I am that God allowed that moment with my son to become a teachable moment for me. When I approach Him I should do so with gladness and be ever-joyful as I wait for the fulfillment of His promises to me. He says in His Word that all of His promises that He has given us are always answered yes; and we can confidently declare Amen because they will come surely to pass because His Word does not return back to Him void (2 Corinthians 1:20, Isaiah 55:11). Regardless of whatever I am facing, He has promised me good. I just need to trust Him and be patient in the wait.

-Nina Fortson

“…that I may meditate on your promises.” Psalm 119:148 (NIV)

Father, I continue to be grateful that You continually provide teachable moments to help me grow. May I continue to stand on each of Your promises as I take them to heart and continue growing up in You. I love You, Lord. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen

Sisters In Christ
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply