Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2017, 05:45 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Two Important Steps to Getting a Word

Two Important Steps to Getting a Word from God BY RICK WARREN

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).

Perhaps you’ve had a quiet time — when you get alone with God and read the Bible — where a verse that you’ve read a hundred times suddenly jumps out at you, and you think, “I’ve never seen that before!” Or suddenly you see a new way to apply it, and at the end of the day, you find out it was exactly what you needed for that day. That’s a rhema. God’s Spirit took a general word to everybody and applied it to you in a personal and practical way.
Do you want to know the will of God or what to do in a particular situation? There are two important steps to take as you seek a word from God.
1. Confess any known sin in your life.
You say, “God, I don’t want anything to block our relationship. Forgive me for my sin (be specific). Is there any bad attitude I’ve got? Is there anything I’m doing that you want me to stop doing? Is there something you’ve been telling me to start doing that I haven’t?” Confess it, and make sure the channel is open to God. The Bible says in 1 John 1:9a, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins” (NIV).
2. Commit the decision to Christ.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” (NIV). In other words, don’t try to figure it out by yourself! Look to God for your understanding of what is going on, or what he wants you to do.
Stop and put yourself in neutral gear — that may take some time — and say, “God, about this problem or decision I’m facing — whatever you want is what I want.” That attitude is the attitude that Jesus had before he went to the cross, as he was in the Garden of Gethsemane and said, “Not my will be done, but thy will be done.” Confess your sin, commit your decision to Jesus, and then keep praying until you can follow Christ’s attitude about the situation.

And you can trust that God will make your paths straight.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply