Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #23
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Today's thought is:
How will you dream if you don't sleep?
How will you hear yourself?
~Michael Dorris~

Sleep is a wonderful gift in our lives. For eight hours, we rest our bodies. We let the thoughts, feelings, and events of our lives tumble through our sleeping minds as they sort themselves through our dreams.

But dreams are not always happy. Some of us are afraid to sleep. Our dreams scare us. We may dream about using again or about bad things that happened. But we shouldn't let our dreams fool us. They are not reality. They are just feelings, thoughts, and memories working themselves out. In early recovery, there are a lot of things to sort out.

We create the reality of our lives by the choices we make when we are awake: how much we trust in our Higher Power, how we care of ourselves, how we treat others, how we work our program.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me listen to the messages of my dreams. Help me understand that my dreams will get better as my life gets better.

Today's Action

I will listen to my dreams. What is my mind working out in my sleep? If I remember my dreams, I will talk about them with my wide-awake friends.

You are reading from the book:

God Grant Me... by Anonymous

Copyright 2005 by Hazelden Foundation.
I was told that it wasn't so much what you saw in a dream, but what you were feeling. Often our dreams speak to us, and a using dream is a warning that you are heading toward relapse and it was time to get back to basics. Ask yourself, what have I stopped doing, what do I need to add to my program? What is no longer working for me and what do I need to change?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 04-11-2016 at 09:15 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply