Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 6

Wisdom for Today
Somewhere in the recovery process, as we truly begin to develop our spiritual lives, we come to realize that we did not achieve sobriety on our own. A genuine sense of recognition that recovery was achieved, “But for the Grace of God.” This program motto reminds us not to take too much credit for our sobriety. Yes, we have to walk the walk, but none of us would have even found the path, let alone stayed on it without His Grace. As we walk through the process of recovery, all of us will see those who choose not to accept His Grace. These individuals end up back in the sauce. We also will run into those who need the program, but are not yet ready. Here we look at these individuals and say, “But for the Grace of God, there go I.”
This statement helps to remind us of who we are. It reminds us that we still have this disease. Yes, we may be strong in our recovery today, but this is only true because we have accepted His gracious gift. This statement also reminds us to be grateful for what we have been given. And we are certainly given much in the recovery process. Each of the promises of the program only happen through our willingness to put into action suggestions given us and because of the Grace that our Higher Power affords us each and every day that we remain clean and sober. Humbly we stand before our Higher Power, and we see the majesty of what he has done and continues to do for us. Have I accepted the gift of recovery through His Grace?
Meditations for the Heart
I am not sure that I can look back and say with any certainty when I knew in my heart that God loved me. In my brokenness and shame, I stood in the door of a clubhouse wanting desperately to find a way out of the insanity. I had no idea what awaited me and could not even begin to imagine where the path of recovery would lead. I do know that once I really knew in my heart that God loved me, my whole life changed. Gratitude was a constant companion, especially when I walked through difficult times. Cares and worries seemed to just disappear as I began to realize that I was being helped and could see that much of the goodness I experienced in life came about, not because of what I was doing, but because of what He was doing. I began to see that not only was I cared for but I also began to see that I had a friend. Am I grateful for this love that is given me so freely?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
It is You that has walked with me each and every step of this path. I am truly grateful for the guidance and direction I receive. The outpouring of love and care I receive from You humbles me. I do not understand this Grace, but I am glad in my heart for this gift. Help those that still suffer and open their hearts to accept this wonderful gift of recovery.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply