Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2016, 05:27 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 8

Wisdom for Today
As addicts and alcoholics, we often spent time looking for a magic bullet. We wanted something
that would make all the pain go away. We looked to alcohol and drugs to be our magic bullet,
only to find out that this bullet exploded in our face. Addiction did not solve our problems and
only made them worse. As I got clean and sober, my search for the magic bullet did not end. At
first I thought the program would be that magic bullet, but it is not. It took quite a while to finally
understand that there is no magic bullet. Recovery is not like that. It is a process and not a single
event.

What I have discovered is that recovery is more like opening doors and finding pieces to a
puzzle. Sometimes I find pieces of the puzzle through working the steps. Other pieces are found
in the fellowship, and still others are found through prayer and meditation. Regardless of where
we find the pieces to the puzzle, we still need to find a way to put the pieces together. The
problem here is that none of us are very good at putting the pieces of the puzzle together. This is
where grace comes in. I could not figure out the puzzle on my own, but slowly over time piece
after piece was put together. I know today I did not do this, but it was done for me. Through
Grace the pieces fit together and the picture is beautiful. Am I willing to have faith that His
Grace will put the pieces of my life back together again?
Meditations for the Heart
Shame seemed to be a huge roadblock in my recovery process. I was absolutely convinced that
there was something wrong with who I was. Somehow I had become damaged, broken and
worthless. Here especially I found piece after piece of brokenness and certainly felt that there
was little I could do to put these pieces of my life back together. I wasn’t even sure if I had all
the pieces necessary to make the picture complete. Through a lot of work on self-acceptance
and finding out how to forgive myself, the pieces slowly came together. But it did not all come
together. In fact, the harder I tried the more frustrated I got. This is when the program came
through for me again. I learned that I needed to collect all the pieces I could find and then turn it
over to a Power Greater than myself. It was only in turning it over and letting go that I could
hope for an answer. Here God surprised me. Not only did He put the pieces together, but He
filled in the blank spots. The missing pieces and brokenness came together in and through this
Higher Power. Am I willing to let go of the brokenness and have faith that God can and will put
the puzzle together for me?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Today let me turn to you in faith. Let me trust in your wisdom and strength to put the pieces of
my life back together again. Help me to feel whole, complete and beautiful again. Lead me this
day to the doors where I will find the puzzle pieces. Guide me in this search. Let me bring these
pieces to You so that You may create in me the picture of oneness in You.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply