Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 20

Wisdom for Today
Moving on to the principle of personal inventory: Looking at ourselves honestly is an
absolute must in recovery. Steps four, five, six, seven and ten point us in this direction.
The truth is that for many of us, we have spent years running from the truth. Not just
about our addiction, but also the truth of who we are. Facing the reality of our defects,
our wrongs, our secrets, and ourselves is vital to maintaining recovery. We need to turn
over every rock and find out if there is dirt under it. This is not easy, but if we refuse
to be searching in this process, we are simply setting ourselves up to drink or use again.

It is not enough to simply locate the dirt in our lives; we must also do what we can to
clean up our act. We need to work at correcting our faults; we look for where we have been
dishonest, self-centered, and fearful. We look at how our attitudes, behavior and beliefs
have set us on a path of destruction; and we do what is necessary to change our direction.
We do not do this only once, but we do this every day. Each day we fall short in some way,
and we look at what we must do to live the program. These steps are more that just
identifying our shortcomings, but looking at and making the changes we need to make to live
happily in recovery. Am I dealing with reality in my inventory?
Meditations for the Heart
The changes we all must face in ourselves are not something we need to do alone. Each of us
has help through a Power outside of ourselves. This Power is accessed through faith. All of
us must come to believe that this help is available to us. Not one of us has been
successful in changing our faults on our own. These defects resist change, and unless we
turn our will over and humbly ask for the help that is available to us all, our chance for
successfully making change in our lives and who we are is nil. All we need do is look
around at the countless faces of those who have completed these steps, and we have ample
evidence that this Power lives among us. He is the one who will author our change. It is in
His light that we are shown the path of needed change. The proof is in millions of changed
lives. Do I have faith that God can and will show me how to change what I need to change?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Looking at myself in the mirror of honesty is not always easy. I do not always like what I
see. But You reflect not only who I am but also who I can be. Let me not fear change, for I
know that any change You encourage me to make will be for my own good. Let me embrace these changes of personal growth as an opportunity to become the person You want me to be.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply