Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 2

Even when we feel like we're in the wilderness, God hasn't stopped working in our lives.

In those times I can't seem to find God, I rest in the assurance that He knows how to find me. --Neva Coyle

If we are close to God and always pray, read, and meditate on God’s word, we can deepen our understanding and our faith. When we face trials, the peace of the Lord can sustain us. We will be like seeds that fall on good soil and bring forth grain. We will yield a crop — thirty, sixty, a hundred times greater than the seeds we sow — for the kingdom of God.

When faced with a new challenge, we can remember God’s past faithfulness. These memories provide the courage to accept each new challenge that comes our way. God helps us to face each new challenge.

When Christ calls, we will follow.

We all face times of uncertainty when the road ahead is not clear. We often cannot comprehend why the trial is happening or where we will end up. Just as the two disciples walking to Emmaus finally recognized Jesus, sometimes our eyes are suddenly opened and we understand God’s purpose and direction. Even when we are not aware, God is always with us. When the path forward is unclear, we can trust God for direction.

Because God has set us free, we are free indeed.

Puzzles by Amy Toohill
I was given a puzzle a couple of months ago from a friend of mine; it had 1,500 pieces. I haven't put together a puzzle since I was a kid. I must admit, I really enjoyed the puzzle. Although very frustrating at times, it was a challenge. Each time I found a piece that fit, it was extremely rewarding.
Have you ever realized how many similarities there are between puzzles and life? In a puzzle each piece plays such an important part in the big picture. In life, it's people and events who play the important parts.
While I was working on this puzzle, there was one piece that I was sure belonged in this particular spot. But it didn't fit. I just kept going back to it and trying to make it fit, forgetting that I tried it already. I guess I had my mind set on the fact that I felt it belonged there. I thought about how many times I've done that in my life. Tried to make things happen that just weren't meant to be. I'd try over and over again even to the point of forcing it - but it wasn't meant to be... and nothing I did changed that.
If you do many puzzles, you'll know what it's like to spend so much time looking for one specific piece. I thought I knew what it looked like, it seemed so obvious... but I couldn't find it. I got so wrapped up into finding that one piece that I couldn't see beyond it. I got frustrated and decided to let it go and step away from it for a while. When I came back to it later, I found it immediately. It was right in front of me all along.
Life has been like that for me sometimes. I try so hard to understand why things happen the way they do. I search high and low for the answers and sometimes the answers are right in front of me. It isn't until I stop, take a step back, breathe and let it go - that the answers find me.
As I sat there looking at the pieces in this puzzle, I started thinking about the "pieces" in my life: my family, my friends, events, milestones and celebrations. There's such a mixture of good and bad, joy and tears, happiness and sorrow. I reflected on all those pieces in my life that caused me to ask why... "Why me, God?"... "Why this?". I suddenly realized that it was because of those pieces that other pieces were able to fall into place.
Everything in our lives happens for a reason. Each event, whether good or bad, signifies a piece of the puzzle. You take away one piece and it upsets the entire harmony of the finished product. I finally understand that even though some of the pieces in my life aren't pleasant and many of them bring me pain and heartache, without them I couldn't move on. No matter how unimportant I think they are, they bring me one step closer to wholeness.
We can't possibly look at the pieces of our lives right now and understand the important role that each one of them plays. There are too many holes and the picture isn't clear. But I know that when my journey in this life comes to an end, and that final piece is put into place, I'm going to look back and understand. I'll no longer wonder why there was so much pain, or why certain people came and went in my life. And I'll be able to see the complete picture and the beauty that went into each piece that made it whole.
Until then, I will continue to live on in faith - knowing and trusting that all the pieces that I need are there and that it only takes a matter of time before they fall into place. Remembering that there is a big picture, a plan for me, that I'm unable to see right now. Believing that each piece of my life, even the painful ones, have purpose and play an important role. And when I'm weak, I will seek strength through prayer. I do all this in hopes that on that glorious day, when God's masterpiece of me is finally complete, He will then whisper... "Well done".

First Class Apology By Pastor Fred Rabinovitz
A Pastor and his wife needed to fly to several cities, so to make the itinerary easy, they chose to fly with the same airline. This turned several 50 minute flights into 4 hour flights because of the layovers due to infrequent connecting flights.
In the midst of one of these layovers, the wife went up to the counter to get their boarding passes. After reaching the counter, she turned to her husband and said, "Honey, they need to see our ID's."
"Why," he responded "they checked them when we entered the terminal." When she called back to him that it was the regulations, he barked, "Well, that's dumb!" Right then he heard the Lord say to him, "Now, that was dumb."
After this, the Pastor argued with God about apologizing for about 15 minutes. Finally he went up to the counter and asked for forgiveness before boarding the airplane. "We get yelled at a lot, but no one's ever come up and asked for forgiveness before," said the surprised woman behind the counter.
After boarding the plane and taking their seats toward the rear of the plane, a stewardess came up to the Pastor and his wife and informed them that they were in the wrong seats. She brought them up and seated them in First Class. The woman behind the counter had moved their seats because of the heartfelt apology.
God wants to take us First Class, but how many times have we settled for coach because of our own actions and responses to trials?

I Will Never Forsake You! Author Unknown
"God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you!" (Hebrews 13:5)
In the original Greek, the word "never" is actually a compounding of five negatives. It really should read, "I will never, no, not ever, no never, leave you or forsake you!" It is a synergistic compounding negative. It's a "forever-never" which has no exceptions!
What does the word "leave" mean? In the original Greek it means "to leave behind, to abandon, to give up on, to send back." So far, then, this verse will read: "I will never, no not ever, no never leave you behind, abandon you, give up on you, or send you back!"
What does "forsake" mean? In the Greek it means, "to leave one in a helpless state, to disregard." It also can be further expanded to include "not relaxing my watchfulness over you." So, this verse, in the full, amplified version reads: "I will never, no not ever, no never give up on you, abandon you, leave you behind, leave you helpless, nor shall I ever relax concerning keeping my presence with you!"
In other words, we can relax. God will always be there for us.

Under New Management Author Unknown
As I was driving today, I couldn't help notice a sign outside a restaurant that read "Under New Management" in bold, colored letters. The owners were trying to convey the message that, even though the restaurant looked the same, perhaps even had a similar menu, something was definitely different.
It wasn't easy to spot the change from a distance. My first impulse was to go inside and question why things had to change. Why couldn't the new owners just pick up where the former left off, keeping it "business as usual"? The answers were simple: the former owners went bankrupt; they lost touch with what was important; their accounts were out of order.
In order to bring it back to its former glory, the old had to be replaced with the new. Some things, like the design, had to change gradually so others could become accustomed to it. Others needed immediate attention. But it had to come "Under New Management" for it to be effective.
That's the same way it is with us, beloved, when we finally come into a relationship with God: we have to come under new management . . . God's management! It can't be business as usual! God places a sign outside our hearts and begins to phase out the old things, those things which caused spiritual bankruptcy; those "accounts" in our lives that were in disarray. They are the past.
These "accounts" are not important any longer, nor do they have any bearing on God's ability to bring about change in our lives. And maybe we won't suddenly wake up and see someone else in the mirror . . . maybe from a distance others can't notice the change, but make no mistake about it: we're under God's new management!
It might not always seem like it. Our life's menu might sometimes seem like it's unchanged. In some areas, we'll experience immediate change. In others, change will be gradual. Before long, however, the new Owner will bring in more changes, a more palatable menu for our lives and spiritual abundance. That's Jesus' heart and desire for us.
"What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!" 2 Cor. 5:17 (NLT)

The Secret by Lynne Phipps
The goats are going away today, not forever, but probably until the fall. Friends have an acreage with a large, securely fenced pasture, full of tall, lush grass, and they asked if the goats could go and stay with them and clear this field.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the goats, but I will definitely miss the antics of my three mischievous friends and their greetings each day as I go down to the corral. Their absence will leave a hole in my life. But the goats will have the opportunity to graze freely, morning, noon, and night — which is truly a goat's delight.
As I was considering this opportunity, I thought about other times in my life when much-loved people or creatures have moved on, either for a season or for good. Depending upon the situation, such times can be very difficult. They call for adjustment and change. They often bring sadness, and they always demand courage to face them with a good attitude.
During one such episode years ago, I was asking God to help me deal with the loneliness that I was experiencing, when these thoughts entered my mind: Be thankful for this wonderful opportunity that they have. Be thankful for all the new people and lessons and opportunities that lie ahead for them in this new situation. Wow! What a turn of events as I considered this new perspective! Suddenly, the situation was no longer about me, but about them. As my prayers changed from self-absorption to thanksgiving for all the opportunities which were now theirs, my loneliness decreased markedly. God had shown me a secret. It wasn't a new secret. In fact, it was a very old secret. It is the secret which Paul wrote about so long ago:
1 Thessalonians 5:18 – Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV)
Today, none of us knows what may come. But each of us can rest assured that amidst any losses that we may now be enduring or that the future may bring, we can honestly partake in giving thanks, especially if we focus not upon the loss, but upon the new opportunities that will lie before those whom we miss. And in giving such thanks, we will also find the unexpected blessing of joy returning to our hearts amidst our pain. I think that that is a secret worth embracing, don't you?
Prayer: Father God, thank You so much that Your Word is always true and doable. Bless us this day, as in obedience we strive to give thanks in all circumstances, for this is Your will for us in Christ Jesus, in Whose name, we pray. Amen.

Daniel and the Lion's Den
"So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lion's den. The king said to Daniel, 'May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!'" (Daniel 6:6)
No question, Daniel got a rough deal. He was set up by jealous, lesser men who wanted him out of the way. It seemed like they succeeded, except for one thing they overlooked: Daniel's trust in God.
The interesting thing, however, about Daniel being thrown into the den of lions is that God didn't deliver him out of the den before Daniel found deliverance in it. Imagine if Daniel had fought against being thrown into the den (which he would have been justified in doing) and gone into the den fighting against it every inch of the way, chances are the lions would have torn him to shreds before he hit the bottom. But Daniel didn't. He accepted his lot and trusted his life to God who shut the lion's mouths.
On more than one occasion I have asked God that if I am not going to be delivered out of my "lion's den" (naming the frustrating situation I'm in), would he please deliver me in it.
Sometimes, like Daniel, God has a lesson for us to learn in our present difficult situation and before he delivers us out of it, like Daniel, we need to find deliverance in it.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Your spiritual foundation was founded on Christ and is still solid. What you built according to the dictates of men and religion is being torn down so that you will be ready to build again according to My Spirit, says the Lord. You are about to begin again, and this new beginning will surpass every other beginning. There will be a tantalizing sense of mystery founded on hope and promise along with an excitement of expectation of My purposes being fulfilled. This newness of life will go beyond anything you have imagined or believed. However, the power of the cleansing that you have experienced internally and externally must be maintained. 1 Corinthians 3:11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Sharpen your awareness so that you can see clearly the direction that I want to take you in. You will only know the significance of your thoughts and actions of this time when you begin to bear fruit. Pay close attention to the unction of My Spirit, the still small voice that will direct your steps, says the Lord. Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way.

Beloved, the discomfort of this season will soon be a thing of the past. Keep your mind on spiritual things--things that cause your faith to be strong. For, I will bring you through this awkwardness, and you will gain the victory. What you learn at this time will be most valuable in the days ahead, but you must endure and persevere, says the Lord. Trust Me! James 5:11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.

Look to your circumstances to see what is broken, for there is a parallel condition spiritually. I am showing you signs in the natural that mirror your spiritual state. Make the necessary adjustments on all levels so that your life will be in good working order, says the Lord. You will be able to perceive the reflection of the unseen realm through what you can actually see. Psalms 123:2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, until He has mercy on us.

Press through the hindrances in your life and reach for Me, says the Lord. Freedom is your right in My kingdom, but you must not allow the enemy to keep you from reaching your goal. Take the time to identify and define the reason your are not moving higher spiritually. Then, do all that is in your power to overcome. Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I will give you that which you need. I will bring My word into your life with such strength and power that it will become the lens through which you look. And, as you view your circumstances and the things that are taking place around you through My lens, you will have the understanding of which way to go. You will have an understanding of what you should do. You will have understanding, for it is by My Spirit that I speak to you. It is by My Spirit that I lead you. And, it is by My Spirit that I reveal to you, My people, those things which you need to know and to do, says the Lord.

Lift up your heads, My children, and walk with Me. I have not forgotten you. I’ve watched over you from the day of your birth. I have brought you through circumstances. I have been with you, I have loved you, and I have shown you the way. I am for you and not against you. I will reveal to you the hidden mysteries. I will bring a present truth into your life that will create the amplification of My Spirit. Come and dine, My beloved, come and feast on present truth, says the Lord.

Don't stop. Don't quit the race. Run the race in such a way that you will win it. Run and you shall find that you have extreme energy and extreme speed because I will anoint you with My purposes in this dispensation and in this very time that you find yourself in. For, you are in the last stages of the race. Run the race now to receive everything I have for you.

"Nothing Compares To Jesus" by Becky LaPrarie
Riches and material things are no good
When it comes to emotional and spiritual needs
They can't comfort you when you are sad
They can't wrap their arms around you and love
You when you are feeling misunderstood
Many have turned to material things and money
They have no time nor need for our Lord
I'd rather be without a place to stay
And live my life with very little
Experience a life that is difficult and hard
Than to be wrapped up in owning this and that
When all I have need of, I find in Jesus
The one who cares for me
No there is nothing that can replace him
And no place I'd rather be
Never do I do without food
I have a place to sleep
I have clothes upon my back
And a father to comfort me when I weep
No this old world has nothing to offer
That would make me change my mind
For no greater comforter or provider
Better than my Lord, could I ever hope to find!

Teach me, my God and King,
In all things thee to see,
And what I do in anything,
To do it as for thee.
--George Herbert

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:8

Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Lamentations 3:40 – Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord.

John 6:29 – Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: To believe in the one he has sent."

Ephesians 2:19 – "You are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household."

Psalm 95:6-7 – Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.

The Lord says, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you.” - Isaiah 43:2

Refreshing Showers by June Heale
Lying in bed in the hospital recently for days, fighting pneumonia and enduring night sweats and other miseries, I was feeling so in need of a cleansing shower. As I was attached to machines and very weak, I could not make my way down the hall to the showers. Glorious was the morning that I was able to do that. I stepped out of the shower feeling so cleansed and refreshed. I am sure that many of my readers know that feeling. How thankful and blessed I was to receive this gift of a cleansing shower.
Psalm 51:2 – Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. (NKJV)
Just as the physical cleansing from the shower made me feel clean and fresh once more, God's spiritual cleansing does even more for our souls. He washes those dirty sins away that we have been hanging onto for days or even years. When we confess them to Him, He washes them whiter than snow, and we feel clean and refreshed once more. He sends us showers of blessing.
There shall be showers of blessing,
This is the promise of love,
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.
- Daniel Whittle
Often, we find ourselves feeling weighed down by carrying heavy burdens of guilt and shame. This is when we need to turn to Jesus; He will make us new again. He will give us strength beyond what we could ever imagine. He will send us cleansing showers. He wants us to reach out to Him in our need. His love is reaching out to us to turn to Him.
Matthew 11:28-30 – Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and My burden is light. (NKJV)
This is the promise of God. Let us therefore lay our burdens down before Him, and experience His showers of blessing and cleansing today.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, we pray that all those who are sick and weary from both physical and spiritual ailments will turn to You in their need. May we realize that Your never-ending grace is reaching out to us to turn to You. You are the only One Who can cleanse us with healing waters, and we humbly thank You for cleansing us from our sins, and healing us when we are ill. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Lord, we want to offer you everything. Grant us opportunities to give you our all — all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 30
1 I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. 2 O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. 3 O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. 4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. 5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. 6 And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. 7 Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled. 8 I cried to thee, O Lord; and unto the Lord I made supplication. 9 What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? 10 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper. 11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; 12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Dear God, give us vision to see your purposes and courage to follow where you lead. In the name of Christ Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply