Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Reflection - December

December 1

A Time to Think: Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
—Mother Teresa

To Act: Face every situation with faith in your heart.

To Pray: Lord, with Your help I will focus on each small step of the climb, instead of the mountain that stands before me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 2

A Time to Think: Live one moment at a time and that moment for God. Don't think of a holy life for that will overwhelm you by its immensity. Remember that a holy life is a series of holy moments.
—Source Unknown

To Act: Be willing to take lovingly each small gift of life.

To Pray: Lord, day by day, help me to do what You have designed me to do.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 3

A Time to Think: Prayer is the exercise of drawing on the grace of God. –Oswald Chambers, author and evangelist

To Act: Practice believing that as you pray you are receiving God's boundless blessings.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, please help me face each day with grace and appreciation for the blessings of Your love.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 12-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 4

A Time to Think: You may pray for an hour and still not pray. You may meet God for a moment and then be in touch with Him all day. –Fredrik Wisloff, Norwegian theologian and Christian preacher

To Act: Take heed: you do not find what you do not seek.

To Pray: Father, may my prayers for others be as constant and natural as breathing.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 5

A Time to Think: I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world. –Norman Vincent Peale, pastor and author

To Act: Renew your spirit at this special time.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to begin today with hope, to feel Your love and know I am never alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 12-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 6

A Time to Think: Each small task of everyday life is part of the total harmony of the universe. –St. Therese of Lisieux

To Act: Believe God loves you and is present in every aspect of your life.

To Pray: Lord, show me how to make every activity of every day a doorway into Your presence.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 7

A Time to Think: I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. –Harlan Miller, author

To Act: Remember that love shared is multiplied many times over.

To Pray: Lord, open my eyes to the love around me, and help me see how much You love me through others.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 8

A Time to Think: To me, every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle. –Walt Whitman, poet

To Act: Approach today with a grateful heart.

To Pray: Dear Lord, thank You for giving us a fresh start each day to begin anew.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 9

A Time to Think: Somehow, not only for Christmas but all the long year through, the joy you give to others is the joy that comes back to you. –John Greenleaf Whittier, poet

To Act: Rejoice during this special season.

To Pray: God, keep my arms wide open to life and make my heart merry.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 10

A Time to Think: Christmas is a time to open our hearts to God and His gifts. Just like the rest of the year. –Author Unknown

To Act: Tell the people you love how much they mean to you.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to open myself up to the happiness that is mine today.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 11

A Time to Think: The only things we can keep are the things we freely give to God. –C.S. Lewis, author

To Act: Extend your love, share a story, give someone a smile.

To Pray: Dear God, through our acts of giving, we lay up treasures in heaven that will last forever.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

A Time to Think: Do you seek any further reward beyond that of having pleased God? In truth, you know not how great a good it is to please Him. –St. John Chrysostom

To Act: Take comfort knowing God is with you.

To Pray: My heavenly Father, from Whom I have received every good and perfect gift, Thank You.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 13

A Time to Think: May peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through! –Author Unknown

To Act: Radiate the glow of Christmastime.

To Pray: Lord, help me to find the place where You can use me best.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 14

A Time to Think: You are infinitely dear to the Father, unspeakably precious to Him. You are never, not for one second, alone. –Norman F. Dowty, author and pastor

To Act: Take comfort knowing God is with you.

To Pray: Dear Lord, send Your infinite love to all those in need of divine comfort.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

A Time to Think: God loves with a great love the man whose heart is bursting with a passion for the impossible. –William Booth, preacher and founder of The Salvation Army

To Act: Reach out and help someone by sharing your love and time.

To Pray: Lord, may You touch someone through me this day.
Post New ThreadReply