Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom For Today - June

June 1

Wisdom for Today
When I am sitting in a meeting, I look around at the myriad of faces. I see people from all walks of life. There are professionals, blue-collar workers, housewives, those that are wealthy and those that are penniless. This disease surely shows no bias in whom it attacks. But the real question is how do I view these people sitting in the room with me. Do I pass judgment on them because of how they look or what they say? Do I sit and think that they don't have a chance because they do not think the right way or do not appear genuine in their efforts to get clean and sober? Do I listen intently to their every word trying to determine if they are being honest? Am I skeptical of others at meetings?
If I feel I can judge another and his or her attempt to get clean and sober, then I am hurting that person. And in hurting that person I am also hurting myself. Before I could ever point a finger at others, I must first point the finger at myself. I need to ask myself these same questions about myself. Certainly if I am busy judging others, then I am being arrogant; for I am no different and fully capable of any self-delusion that others might be capable of. Anyone sitting in the meeting will be able to hear my criticism of others and will see that I am not being genuine in my attempt to help others. In judging others, I also am not being genuine in an attempt to help myself. I must check this attitude of criticism and judgment at the door. I can ill afford to isolate others or myself from the program. Do I work to accept all people as my equal in meetings?
Meditations for the Heart
None of us is capable of coming to God by our own free will. In order to come to a relationship with a Higher Power, we all must be Spirit-led. We can only open our hearts and minds to this Spirit and trust that He will lead us to this relationship with God. Looking back at my own life, I know I did not open the doors to this relationship by myself. For that matter, I would not have even known where to look for the doors. I started this journey in childhood, and addiction quickly led me down a different path. I lost all contact with a Power greater than myself. This disease beat me, and I finally gave up in defeat. I got back on track by simply bringing my body to meetings. In doing this and by working the steps, I came to believe again. Throughout the recovery process, the Spirit will lead us to new doors and help us to expand our understanding, our faith and our relationship with this Power Greater. Do I open my heart and mind to this spiritual journey?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Let me stand beside my brothers and sisters in this program of recovery as an equal. Do not let me give rise to personal judgment or criticism of others. Instead let me speak to them words from my heart and about my experiences. Let me share what has worked, as well as those things that did not. Let me not fear opening myself to them, and give me an accepting heart. Let me follow the light of Your Spirit today.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply