Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-22-2016, 08:21 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 22

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds... —Ephesians 4:22-23

Luke 10:27 NIV He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Romans 12:9

Psalm 119:169-170 (NIV) - May my cry come before you, Lord; give me understanding according to your word. May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 13:34

Psalm 103:2 Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 23

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

But everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. - Acts 2:21

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 18:19 (NLT): It's harder to make amends with an offended friend than to capture a fortified city. Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with iron bars.

Today’s Thought: Life is full of choices – both good and bad. Have you made a bad choice on the past that hurt someone? Today, try to make it right!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You first forgive me of that bad decision I made. I also ask that You make a way for me to rectify the situation with that friend or family member I hurt. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Romans 14:11 It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

1 John 4:16b-17 God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him.

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:55 AM   #33
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:6 (NLT): And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.

Today’s Thought: God knows the beginning from the end. He also has a wonderful plan for each one of us. Be encouraged & know that He will finish what He started in you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always meeting my needs. I ask that You help me trust You, completely. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 Peter 1:18-19 - 18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Psalm 147:1 (NIV) - Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another." 1 John 3:11
Old 04-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #34
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 25

Psalm 116:7 (NIV) Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.

Thought: Relax. God's in control.

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. Colossians 1:27-28

Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people! Psalm 66:5

Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way. James 3:2

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Old 04-26-2016, 06:20 AM   #35
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps. - Proverbs 16:9

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:11 (NLT): May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation -those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ-for this will bring much glory and praise to God.

Today’s Thought: Once you give your heart to Jesus people should be able to tell that something is different about you. Why? Because Jesus changes everything! Today let’s try to let our light shine bright!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life always shine bright for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. —Ephesians 4:26-27

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Old 04-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #37
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 27

For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. - 2 Corinthians 3:17

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:12 (NLT): And I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News.

Today’s Thought: Everything happens for a reason. Trials & heartaches often turn into testimonies that you can share with someone else going through the exact same thing you are. We must be open to share our trials and give glory to God when He works on our behalf.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me trust You in all things & give You the glory even in the midst of my trial. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Philippians 2:14-16 (NIV) - Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6

Jonah 2:6 To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, LORD my God, brought my life up from the pit.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:33 AM   #38
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 28

Isaiah 58:10 “Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.

John 1:12-13 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10

Psalm 31:23-24 (NIV) - Love the Lord, all his faithful people! The Lord preserves those who are true to him, but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

Psalm 118:6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
Old 04-29-2016, 07:49 AM   #39
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 29

1 John 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory. - Romans 15:7

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. —Deuteronomy 4:29

Job 19:25 I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory. Romans 15:7

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;" Colossians 3:12

1 John 5:4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:13 AM   #40
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 30

Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. - Philippians 2:13

Lamentations 3:21-23 — Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. Psalm 34:1
Post New ThreadReply