Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

This reminded me of a sponsor I had who only had time for me if I went to her house and worked for her. I began to feel very used. She phoned me and said, "Would you contact all your support people and get them to help." The help was for her own personal stuff and nothing to do with recovery. She was a counsellor at a treatment center and what she wanted me to do was an outside issue. It was one thing to use me, but didn't like using and involving my support group.

She had me doing her typing because she didn't like typing numbers. I was very hurt by it all. I was grateful for the lunch she gave me, but our talks were more about her and what she was doing rather than the issues I wanted to deal with.

I enjoyed doing the service, but didn't get from her what I need as a sponsee, so found someone new. I was invited to her wedding. The invitation came just a few days prior to the wedding and you know how we can take things personally, and I thought I was an after thought, or someone cancelled, and she need someone to fill in.

As they say, my recovery must come first. Recovery starts with me, and I can't put other people's wants, desires, and situations before what I need to recovery. I was 2 years sober and glad I didn't go out and drink over it.

My recovery isn't for sale. My recovery is meant to be shared. I no longer abuse myself or allow others to abuse me. I want to be clean and sober.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply