Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - June 2

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

God guides us, despite our uncertainties and our vagueness, even through our failings and mistakes. . . . He leads us step by step,
from event to event. Only afterwards do we experience the feeling of having been led without knowing it, the feeling that God has mysteriously guided us. --Paul Tournier

There are times when I can not feel His presence, when the clouds of doubt obscure the Master's smile. But when I'm still enough to hear his whisper, I know my Lord has been there all the while. --Author Unknown

Let us walk softly on the Earth with all living beings great and small, remembering as we go, that one God, kind and wise created all.

From the tiny birds of the air and from the fragile lilies of the field, we learn the same truth . . . God takes care of His own. . . . At just the right moment, He steps in and proves Himself as our faithful heavenly Father. --Charles Swindoll

No situation is too difficult if God is with you. Lord, we are a perfect team. You provide the tools and I'll provide the labor.

Like a babe born to a family, or bud on a stem, God brought me forth into His family. Thank You, Lord, for choosing me, for drawing me irresistibly, to be Your child. --Paul E. Murrell

"God sometimes whispers, so we will move closer to hear Him."

The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.

The Jesus that was in my yesterday, that provided for me..... The Jesus that is in my Today, providing for me..... Is the same Jesus that will be in my tomorrow and will provide for me! Thank You, Jesus

We glorify God when we do what we are gifted and called to do.

God stays near, even in the silence of our pain.

Go now, and enjoy your day, remembering that every blessing, everything that happens today, comes through the Grace of Our Heavenly Father who always knows best, and whose will is always done.

Lord, help us hold fast to our trust in you even when we feel that you are far away. Amen.

Remembering to Pray
Paul wrote, "I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers." Philemon 4
AS I stood beside her, I felt a sinking in the pit of my stomach. My friend was moving halfway across the country. Even if we kept in touch, our friendship would never be the same again. There would be no more morning walks followed by a cup of coffee before we rushed home to our families. There would be no more times to sit together and share a biblical nugget we had discovered or a prayer for the spiritual well-being and safety of our children and other members of our family.
A tear slipped down my cheek, and I noticed she had tears in her eyes as well. It wouldn't be easy for my friend to move to a place with no family or close friends nearby. Suddenly she hugged me and said, "Elaine, every time you make your bed, pray for me."
Years have gone by, and my friend has moved several times since then. I haven't heard from her now for some time. But every day when I make my bed, I pray for her. I know God knows where she is, and I know God hears my prayers -- and that is most important.
In all our lives there are friends or family members who need our prayers. We can make praying for them a part of each day by using the small chores of our daily lives as reminders to pray. --Elaine Ingalls Hogg
Prayer: Dear God, you know the person who needs a special touch from you. Come alongside them today and let them know others are praying for them. Amen.

Good Manners
[Love] does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil. 1 Corinthians 13:5
In an old village in England, this inscription was reportedly found on a tombstone: “Here lies a miser who lived for himself and cared for nothing but gathering wealth. Now where he is or how he fares, nobody knows and nobody cares.” How would you like to have that written on your tombstone? How much better it would be for others to say of our lives, “This person was always thinking of and caring for others.”
The Bible tells us that “[love] does not behave rudely, does not seek its own” (1 Corinthians 13:5). In other words, true love has good manners. This is something that is largely lost in our culture today. There’s a prevailing attitude that seems to say, “If my behavior offends someone else, that’s their problem. They have to get over it.” But as Christians, we need to realize we are part of the body of Christ, and as such, we should consider what other people are experiencing. We should care about others. The world does not revolve around you or me. We should put the needs of others above our own.
God’s love is not provoked. It is not aroused to anger. It thinks no evil, which means it doesn’t keep a record of wrongs. When someone has been wronged and says, “I can’t believe you did that! I keep records. I don’t get mad; I get even,” that is not God’s love.
Has someone taken advantage of you? Forget about it. Did they do it again? Don’t worry about it. Let it go. It doesn’t matter. That’s how God’s love is.
Caring about others more than we care about ourselves is more than good manners. It is godly love. --Harvest Daily Devotional

Serve God Where You Are
Seek first [God's] kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. --Matthew 6:33
I had just completed my first year of teaching when I received notice that I was being called for two years of service in the army. Then we received word from our doctor that my wife was pregnant. Before long I would be headed miles away from home for basic training.
On the morning of my departure, my father gave me a New Testament to take with me. Later, while sitting on my bunk in an army barracks, homesick and depressed, my thoughts turned to prayer and my Bible. I remembered stories I had heard about people in crisis searching the Bible for verses to comfort them. Soon I came across 2 Timothy 2:3, "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."
Then a thought occurred to me, Could this be the reason for my being here at this time, to share my faith with other soldiers during my time of service? Thankfully, my military service was a very rewarding experience for me, serving both God and my country.
We don't always know why something happens, but we do know that God has a good purpose for each of us. When we live in faith and obedience, God will lead us. --Bill G. Keaffaber

Where Grace Abounds
Where sin increased, grace increased all the more. Romans 5:20
BEING a prisoner, I have seen every form of wickedness. I have seen God's word used for personal benefit and financial gain. I have seen the word of God trampled underfoot, later to be made stronger in the hearts of those of us who have learned to see God in even the worst of circumstances. God is in the most commonplace things, and grace gives us the ability to see that. God is in the birds that sing gaily in the morning even amid the thunderclaps of a summer storm.
God's grace enables me to stand firm even though the ground beneath me trembles and quakes. It allows me to love the unlovable and to embrace those whom I would normally shrink from. Even though the wicked may flourish, I have learned not to fret. Abounding grace lifts me above the wickedness of this world and places me in the presence of God.
Instead of praying for God to remove the stumbling blocks from my life, I have learned to pray for grace to enable me to walk among them to the glory of God. --Richard A. Ryan
Prayer: God of heaven and earth, give us grace to see you at work in our lives even when we are in our darkest places. Amen.
Thought for the Day: Even in the depths, God is with us. (See Ps. 139:8.)

Receive Forgiveness
The Lord said to [Joshua], "You are old and advanced in years, and very much of the land still remains to be possessed."
Joshua 13:1
I am still surprised by what I discover in the Bible, especially when it seems personalized for me. Joshua was well along in years, and the Lord reminded him that much of the land entrusted to Israel had yet to be claimed. I, too, am at an advanced age. The question that comes to my mind is, "How much of me 'remains to be possessed' by the Lord?"
I do not know what is still imbedded deep within me. I do know that some has to do with forgiveness. Not my need to forgive others -- that's been done. But forgiving myself is another matter, despite God's assurance.
The past is not easily forgotten. Nagging sins may seem insignificant; but sin of any kind sticks to us like cobwebs. In my head, I knew that I had been forgiven; but I did not feel forgiven. Then I read 1 Corinthians 4:7: "What do you have that you did not receive?" By God's grace, I realized that I could feel forgiven, that I could receive what God offers. I accepted God's gift of forgiveness. --John Eyberg
Prayer: Thank you, gracious God, for forgiveness that comes only through your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

THE CENTER OF THE BIBLE
What is the shortest chapter in the Bible? Answer: Psalms 117
What is the longest chapter in the Bible? Answer: Psalms 119
Which chapter is in the center of the Bible? Answer: Psalms 118
There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
Add these numbers up and you get 1188.
What is the center verse in the Bible? Answer: Psalms 118:8
Does this verse say something significant about God's perfect will for our lives?
The next time someone says they would like to find God's perfect will for their lives and that they want to be in the center of His will, just send them to the center of His Word!
Psalms 118:8 NKIV It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. --Received in email

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You have traveled a rocky and treacherous road. You have struggled and fought hard to overcome difficult situations. There have been instances when you have almost given up, but you did not. You are so much stronger than you would have been without having to put forth the effort to survive. Use that strength now for the final push to gain the victory, says the Lord. I will help you! 2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

This is a time when you can gain understanding of the significance and value of where you have been and what you have endured. Where you stand now is the sum total of your experiences and decisions. Know that you will have opportunities to be empowered by the knowledge you have acquired so that you can overcome and be victorious, says the Lord. Stand strong! Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

I will take you above and beyond where you are now. It is new space that is unfamiliar to you--almost surreal. It will feel foreign, but if you stay where you are comfortable with what you already know, you will miss a mighty and awesome outpouring of My Spirit, says the Lord. This journey will not necessarily be comfortable, and in the beginning you might even feel lost, but you have to get up. The cloud is moving. Exodus 40:36-37 Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journey. But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not journey till the day that it was taken up.

For those of you have been debilitated by emotional trauma, I will give you the strength and ability to move into a place of recall without pain. It is time for you to be free to progress without being bound by grief. You need to give yourself permission to leave distressing events behind knowing that you are not betraying your memories, says the Lord. Job 16:5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the comfort of my lips would relieve your grief.

The decisions you make at this time will set the stage for changes that will endure and will establish a course of destiny. Make sure that your destination is heaven as you make My word a priority. I have called you out of darkness into light and truth. Set your compass and stay the course, says the Lord. 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

You are making progress whether or not it is apparent to you. The real key is that you stay in absolute, unwavering faith in Me to bring you through this difficult process to perfection. Your attitude will reveal the true nature of your belief. Stand strong in what you know to be the truth of the situation, and refuse to allow fear to have any place in you at all, says the Lord. Know that I am with you and for you. Psalm 91:1-7 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I speak a word of encouragement to you, My children. Do you not know that I see your trials? Do you not know that I see your struggles? I have seen you in those trials and tribulations, and I am increasing your strength and power in these days. I am giving you an anointing, the anointing of breakthrough. I will come and deliver you and bring you to victory. I always bring you to a place of triumph. Lift up the hands that hang down, and strengthen your feeble knees. Gird yourself for battle, put on your armor, and go forth, for the battle is Mine, and I will surely bring victory if you will but believe. Arise and strengthen yourself in Me, then I shall undertake on your behalf. I will rout the enemy even as I have from days of old. You will gain the victory, says the Lord. Only believe!

You can do this. It is not beyond your ability to step into the light of My love and joy and peace. I come to bless you. I come to be in unity--to be one with you. I come to encourage you today that all I have spoken to you I will accomplish in you. Be refreshed. Be renewed. Receive all that I have for you, says the Lord.

HE by Theresa
HE is the rock that I cling to,
my shelter in a storm.
HE can make the birds sing,
and shadows take bright form.
Whenever I am lonely,
whenever I have fears,
I call his name out softly,
and I know that HE hears.

He Walks Beside Me
I walked a sunlit mountain path. My Savior walked along;
And there 'mid heaven's blue and gold, HE filled my heart with song.
I walked a rugged valley trail, afraid. The way grew dim;
Then Jesus reached and took my hand, I found new strength in HIM,
In every circumstance of life. Be skies bright blue or grey;
HE walks beside me and HIS GRACE. Sustains me all the way.

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" Psalm 42:1-2

"The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me." Psalm 116:6

“Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4

I can do all things in him that strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"The generous prosper and are satisfied; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen Philippians 4:19-20

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you. Psalm 51:10-13

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

The God of the Stars
Ever stub your toe--and see stars? Or--hammer your thumb instead of the nail--and you'll see stars too! That's not the kind of stars I'm talking about! Go outside on a clear night and look up...see God's beautiful handwork; gaze into His heavens and praise His Name--now start counting...
Like Abraham! God took this childless, old man, out under the stars one night. "Look up, Abraham!" He said. "Now count the stars. Your descendants will be as innumerable as those stars you're trying to count!" Unbelievable! Impossible! And yet God said it--a God who loves to say the unbelievable and do the impossible! Abraham believed--it was "counted to him for righteousness"--and it came to pass!
The God of the stars is still around. He is still telling us to look up! Look down and you'll see mud; look around and you'll see misery; look within and you'll see "me"--and sometimes that's not too pretty either! BUT--look up--and see Him, the God of the stars, and know He will not forsake you; He will be true to His promise--He's there!
Amy Carmichael, in her devotional writings, penned these words, "I am the God of the Stars. Lift up your eyes and see - as far as mortal may Into eternity - and stay your heart on Me." Do that--and you will have a wonderful day!
"Lord, sometimes the clouds obscure my vision; earthy pollution fogs up my sight and clearly I do not see. Help me look beyond those clouds and through that fog to know You are there--even when I cannot see; You are the God of the stars--and the God of my life--I trust You, In Jesus' Name, Amen." --Author Unknown

Dear God,
Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings, thank you, God, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf. Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible, thank you, God that I can see. Many are blind. Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, thank you, God that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden. Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short, thank you, God, for my family. There are many who are lonely. Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines, and the menu is at times unbalanced, thank you, God, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry. Even though the routine of my job often is hard, thank you, God, for the opportunity to work. There are many who have no job. Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest, thank you, God, for all I have. There are many who have nothing. Thank You God! Betty - Falls of Rough, KY

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 69
1 Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. 2 I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. 3 I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God. 4 They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away. 5 O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee. 6 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel. 7 Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face. 8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children. 9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me. 10 When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my reproach. 11 I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them. 12 They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards. 13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation. 14 Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters. 15 Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me. 16 Hear me, O Lord; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies. 17 And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily. 18 Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies. 19 Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee. 20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. 21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink. 22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap. 23 Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake. 24 Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them. 25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents. 26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded. 27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. 28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. 29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high. 30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. 31 This also shall please the Lord better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs. 32 The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God. 33 For the Lord heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners. 34 Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein. 35 For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of Judah: that they may dwell there, and have it in possession. 36 The seed also of his servants shall inherit it: and they that love his name shall dwell therein.

Dear God, help us to acknowledge your love and goodness as we wait for answers to prayer. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply