Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-01-2017, 07:05 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - July

July 1

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalms 37:5

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Leviticus 19:16, NLT "Do not spread slanderous gossip among your people. Do not stand idly by when your neighbor’s life is threatened. I am the LORD."

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Acts 3:19 (NIV) Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord...

Thought: Give God the wheel. He wants to lead your life.

Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. - 1 Chronicles 16:8

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:12-13 (NLT): Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad-because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.

Today’s Thought: One of the hardest things to do as a Christian is to trust God through trials. We are going to face them. Trusting God through them makes you stronger. Lean on Jesus, He cares and wants to help you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me learn to trust You in trials. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

O LORD my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me... —Psalm 7:1

Micah 6:8 NIV He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2017, 07:39 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 2

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. - Philippians 4:8

Mark 8:29 NIV "But what about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ."

2 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV) - Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 3

"Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." Proverbs 16:3

1 Thessalonians 5:17, NLT "Never stop praying."

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy - being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:4-6

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:19 (NLT): So if you are suffering according to God's will, keep on doing what is right, and trust yourself to the God who made you, for he will never fail you.

Today’s Thought: When one is in a battle it is often hard not to trust God. However, it is in these times we should trust Him even more. No matter how hard it gets, how much you want to “throw in the towel,” He will never leave you or forsake you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for never leaving me. I ask that You help me learn to trust You no matter what I am facing. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ephesians 3:12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:07 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 4

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

Galatians 5:1, NIV "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. - John 8:36

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:7 (NLT): Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.

Today’s Thought: God cares about you. He does not just care about a few things, but everything! He cares about you so much that He knows exactly how many hairs you have on your head!

For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. — Proverbs 2:6

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 5

He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Luke 10:27

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalms 51:10

John 8:36, ESV "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. - Psalm 66:17

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:8-9 (NLT): Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

Today’s Thought: Whether we realize it or not, we are in a constant battle with the devil. He wants you to fail, he wants you to fall in sin and ultimately die. There is hope though. His name is Jesus Christ!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for sending Your Son to die for me! I ask that You help me not to fall into the devils traps. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. —John 17:3

Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." — Luke 18:27

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Old 07-06-2017, 07:14 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 6

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32

Psalm 20:7, ESV "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. Romans 8:14–15a

I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies. - 2 Samuel 22:4

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. – Matthew 24:35

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Psalm 37:5-6

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. —James 4:7

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. — 1 John 1:7
Old 07-07-2017, 07:16 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 7

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice." Psalms 55:17

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Philemon 1:25

Romans 8:26, ESV "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:2 (NLT): God the Father chose you long ago, and the Spirit has made you holy. As a result, you have obeyed Jesus Christ and are cleansed by his blood. May you have more and more of God's special favor and wonderful peace.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving & forgiving me despite all my faults. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. – 2 Corinthians 5:21
Old 07-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 8

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. – 2 Corinthians 5:21

Psalm 4:8, NLT "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe."

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:17–18

Then when you call, the Lord will answer. 'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply. - Isaiah 58:9

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. — Isaiah 55:8-9

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
Old 07-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 9

2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
Proverbs 30:5

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. Ephesians 3:14–17a

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. Micah 7:18

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. — Matthew 6:6
Old 07-10-2017, 07:28 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 10

Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care Psalm 95:6–7

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers! - Isaiah 65:24

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. – James 4:7

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:8-9 (NLT): You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy. Your reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.

Today’s Thought: It is so rewarding serving God! He is so holy, worthy and awesome. Today, let’s dwell on everything He has done for us and give Him praise for it all!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving me! Thank You for all Your wonderful blessings in my life! I ask that You always remind me of what You have done for me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Lamentations 3:19-24
I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
Old 07-11-2017, 07:33 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 11

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

"Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart." Psalms 26:2

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Luke 1:47, NLT "How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!"

So let us come near to God with a sincere heart and a sure faith, with hearts that have been purified from a guilty conscience and with bodies washed with clean water. Hebrews 10:22

I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer. - Psalm 120:1

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Joshua 1:8

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Psalm 105:4

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.
—Proverbs 16:20

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. — Psalm 46:1
Old 07-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 12

I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! - Matthew 5:44

Matthew 22:36-38 — "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. —Matthew 7:12

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18
Post New ThreadReply