Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Getting up is the hard part

“Getting up is the hard part” by Lakisha J

I am a night person, always have been yet I still cringe when the alarm goes off in the morning. I find myself wanting to hit the alarm’s snooze button for the fifth time or silence my husband who says, for the ninth time; it’s time to get up. Then I find myself slowly throwing my legs over the side of the bed and the comforter back which officially lets me know, I’m up. I sit there for a minute before my feet touch the floor but once all this happens, I’m up. Getting up was the hard part. Why am I sharing this? The Holy Spirit told me I needed to encourage somebody today by letting you know, getting up is the hard part. Yeah, I know we thought falling was but it isn’t, if you think about it. It’s like accidentally falling. Once you’ve fallen down, you find yourself looking around to see if anyone saw you because you know, if they did, you will now have to answer questions. “Ma’am, what happened? Sir, are you alright?” Getting up is the hard part. Then you will have to deal with the embarrassment of knowing, you fell.

This is no difference spiritually because when you fall/fail, you find it hard to get up because now you’ve got to face the consequence of your fall. Whether it’s being embarrassed you fell, being talked about, laughed at or even hurt; you have to deal with it. Realizing, getting up is the hard part. I mean, if I stay down maybe no one saw me fall. If I stay down, maybe I don’t have to deal with the things on my to-do list. If I don’t get up, maybe it will go away. If I don’t get up, maybe I can act like it never happened. If I don’t get up, just maybe I won’t have to look it in the face anymore. Getting up is the hard part. Oh but I just stopped by to tell you, you need to change your tone when you get up. “Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light (Micah 7:8).” Of course, no one likes to fall but it happens and you have to be willing to get up. It doesn’t matter why you’ve fallen nor the number of times that you have, getting up will be hard but get up. Because the bible tells us in Psalm 34:19, “The righteous person faces many troubles, but the LORD comes to the rescue each time.” Getting up may be hard but the only way to get over the fall, you’ve got to get up and try again.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply